what does this mean? help!

edited May 2011 in First Trimester
my beta level was 7579 on the 11th...at that point my doubling rate was every 30 hours. my beta today, 5 days later, was 21,719...not even doubling every 48 hours since last time. the nurse said she couldn't tell me if this was good news or bad news until talking to the dr, but that the dr probably wouldn't get to my chart until after she was done seeing patients and that they would try to get back to me today some time. i am soo nervous waiting and terrified that this is starting to go the wrong direction. anyone have any idea if this could still be normal? honest responses please...i just wanna know whats going on. thanks.

Comments

• How far along are you? I only had my levels drawn twice during week 5. Once they doubled that was it. I read at a certain point they will level off.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • im right at six weeks and have had four hcg draws because i miscarried in january. i wish they hadn't done another one today...it just adds unnecessary worry and stress. my levels were increasing fast enough that they were considering the possibility of twins and now...they have slowed down a lot.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ok...i can do that...if i can stop thinking the worst. im sure everything will be okay.
  • I am waiting for my second hcg level result .. hope it went up a lot since last week!
  • I also keep thinking the worst... which I think is driving my husband nuts!
  • that is reassuring...they never called me so I am going to call back in the morning. she couldnt have been too concerned if she didnt call back quickly...
  • As long as they are going up I wouldnt stress too much. I have also had a MC and a false pregnancy since 2009 and am currently 6wk1d. Hoping for the best this time. Just try to relax though. Too much stress isnt good for the little one. Good luck hope all goes well for you!!
  • If they weren't too concerned about rushing your chart to the doctor, I'm sure everything is fine. The beta levels will slow down and you probably only have a singleton instead of twins.