I am pregnant!!

edited February 2011 in Second Trimester
Hello everyone!! I have been waiting on this day for months now, well honestly it has flown by! I am 22 weeks pregnant, I have waited to tell friends and many other people because im high risk since I have lupus and a history of high blood pressure. I was just put on bed rest because my blood pressure went kind of high. I am horrible at being on bed rest, im a busy body so trying to relax is hard. Im making my self do it for my precious little baby!! My fiancee and I are so excited to welcome our healthy baby girl to the world!! I hope she can at least wait another 10 weeks! Well here I go!!! I AM 22 WEEKS PREGNANT WITH A BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL!!

Comments

• Congrats and good luck.
  • Thank you!! Im so happy and excited!!
  • I bet you are! I'm ready for my baby to get bigger bc I'm only 6 weeks
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Oh they grow so so fast enjoy it well u can!! When do u have ur first ultrasound??
  • Its nice to know there's others out there with Lupus&are having a healthy pregnancy. Congrats&good luck!
  • edited February 2011
    It's not until Feb 25th.....I think I may be having multiples.
  • What part of kansas r u from?
  • @mrsdelrea, do u have lupus aswell?? If so what kind, its a hard battle but its worth it!!

@newmommy wow multiples!! That would be amazing!! Do multiples run in ur family??

@brittany I was born and raised in garden city but now im going to school in wichita!! Are u from or in ks?!?
  • Yes ma'am it does....and during my ovulation we had sex multiple times in a day and they say that raises the chance for 2 eggs to get fertilized.

Plus I'm only 6 going on 7 weeks and I got a nice round tummy and I swear I feel flutters.....ppl swear its gas but I've been having gas for 20 years and it never felt like this LOL

I'll find out at my 1st ultrasound on the 25th.
  • I have SLE, I'm on blood thinners&I have literally no immune system. I swell up real bad, get super hot&its so frustrating because I have kids in school, they bring home all the illness&I can never dodge it. I was 8mos pregnant in August 2009, got real sick, went to the doctor&they sent me to the ER. From there they sent me by helicopter to another hospital that was better equipped to handle my situation. 10hrs later they rushed me into the O.R., put me into a medically induced coma that I didn't come out of for 2mos. I lost all use of my body, had over a dozen surgeries, my lungs blew out, as was as good as dead. I had to have dozens&dozens units of blood, which they think I contracted Lupus that way. I thought that wasn't possible, but my rheumatologist said it happens. I'm on a very low dose of Warfarin, I watch my diet very closely as I don't want to mess up my INR levels. I am always between a 2-3 for my levels, so I don't have to get tested every month anymore. Its hard because even my best friend acted like it wasn't a big deal&that I should buck up&quit dwelling on it. Wha?? I was appalled. His mom&my mom have been best friends since they were 17, I've known him my entire life. Turns out his girlfriend didn't like us being friends. I'm married, VERY happily, I was even friends with his girlfriend, so I have felt for the past year&a half that nobody understands or supports me (other than my immediate family) so I'm very thankful to have found this site. How about you?
  • Oh that is awesome! Im suprised Im not pregnant with multiples we did the same thing!! Since u have a round tummy already I would be suprised if ur only pregnant with one! Are u wanting multiples??
  • edited February 2011
    Lol not really....my husband and I are young and travel a lot due to him being in the navy. Having multiples would make everything WAYYYYYY harder, But it would be excited. I would be happy either way.
  • Oh wow your battle has been so hard. I would out I had it in 2007. My sle affect my kidneys the most, I was in the hospital for three months and saw 32 specalist before an intern looked at my butterfly rash and made the diagnosis. I have had two kidney biopsys which put me in the hospital for two weeks. Just like u I don't have a good immune system and I work at a day care so sickness is inevitable. I was told I couldn't have children because the type of lupus I have. But look at me now!! It is awesome to hear that another sle person had children! It makes me so happy. I really hope u get better. Im glad you found me, its so nice to have support and someone I can relate too. Im so sorry your friend is being the way he is. Most people think it's fake or just in my head. Just because they can't see it or feel it they don't believe it. Its real and the pain doesn't go away. I just stay positve and live life like there is no tomorrow!! I always have a smile on my face unless im crying, and most ppl don't even know I have lupus.
  • I live in manhattan,ks
  • Oh where are u based at now for the navy? I give u major kudos for being a navy wife I don't think I could move a lot or make new friends every place I go. Multiples would make ut harded but you can do it!! You sound like a very strong and tough women especially since u can deal with everything with the navy!
  • @brittany Oh awesome! That's only two hours or less away from wichita!!
  • We are at the Naval weapon base in Charleston, sc but we will be moving to san Diego in June once he graduates from his nuc school. Yah the only thing I hate is that I have to stop coaching until next spring after this school year.

But this lifestyle is normal to me bc my father did 30 years in the army so this is all I know.
  • Oh wow! You have lived the military life ur entire life, that's great! I have a cousin based in san diego.she loves it, I hope u do too!! What do u coach?? Do u have to stop do to the move??
  • @ NewMommy_NavyWife --That's crazy cuz I feel th same way about the flutters. I'm only 5 weeks and I swear I feel it I even told my husband I wonder how far along I really am because of the thigns I feel. I have one girl already so I know what pregnancy feels like and I feel alot further along then I am. I had a blood draw yesterday that shows I'm really early so 5 weeks is right. They're gonna do another draw tomorrow to make sure it's doubling like it's suppose to. I can't wait until my ultrasound but I really hope it's not twins! They run heavily on my hubands side but all my research says it's the female that determins it, so here's hoping I have the non-twin gene's LOL.
  • I coach(assistant coach) varsity cheerleader. I have to stop bc the move bc I gotta apply to another school in san Diego and pray I get the job. Plus I wanna spend some time with my newborn who is due Oct 6th.
  • My goodness! We have a lot in common. We had unprotected sex for over a year, we thought I wasn't able to get pregnant from all the issues, but here we are :) my cousins ex-wife (we're close) has Lupus, she had it while pregnant too, her kids are 25&21, so there's hope! I don't have the rash, or mask, but I get random rashes on my body, I swell at all my joints, ended up being diagnosed with fibromyalgia (which is another people think is all in your head), I get flushed from getting overheated from the inflammation in my joints, my lungs are the affected part. I have so much scar tissue from them literally bursting, the surgeries&the chest tubes. I had gotten H1N1, which turned into pneumonia. I ended up going to Mayo Clinic who ultimately saved my life. I spent 2mos there in CCU (more intense than ICU) with a trach, couldn't move any part of my body, then went for 8dys to a specialty hospital to get weaned off the vent&trach, then to in patient physical rehab for 3wks. I have nerve damage in my lower left leg/top of left foot so I have a brace I have to wear with shoes, but its getting better. Its definitely a struggle everyday with the constant pain. Most days I don't even know how I manage to get out of bed. I was on Fentanyl patches for the pain, but all I did was vomit from them, get migraines&itch so I quit using them. I was on Dilaudid but it wasn't working so I decided if it wasn't going to work I wasn't going to take it, then was on muscle relaxers&Vicodin. I'm still allowed the Vicodins, but I'm too scared to take them. So I suffer thru it. I'm 27, live In AZ, going on my 5th child (my hubby has a son from his previous marriage, I have 3 from my previous marriage&this is our 2nd together), I had my first at 16, got married&split 11mos later, but we flipped back&forth for a few years. Now he's our roommated (since my whole ordeal it was needed to help me out with the kids, make sure at all times I had help, etc) but you'd never know we used to fight like cats&dogs all the time. We get along, we're friends&we are all a fantastic parenting team to all the kids. Its unconventional, but it works. My step-son is 13, my daughters (yes, all 4 of mine are girls) are 11, 8, almost 6&17mos. I'm 12wks pregnant, actually due on my youngest 2nd birthday. She was originally due on September 29th, but since I had an emergency c-section she was 6wks early. She spent 3wks in NICU to gain weight, but she had no health issues at all, thank goodness! Are you on any meds? How do you cope with your swelling? This has to be the best site out there, hands down!
  • @rosebud Yah something is moving and its not gas, so ill know on the 25th. Keep me updated on your pregnancy
  • edited February 2011
    It seems like sle that effects ur lungs is worse then kidneys like mine. I really feel bad for you. Before pregnancy I was taking celcept, diovan, lisinopril, rotuxan(through iv twice a month), and a three others but I can't think of there names. I also have a RA doctor, the rotuxan helps the most with swelling. I have gotten really goo at ignoring it, and i I rub my feet, ankles and knees to reduce the snout of swelling that accumulates. I also found that baby asprin helps alot. Ut is a major bummer that u got lupus from blood transfusions. I havent ever heard of that happening. Im not sure who or where I got mind from, the only person in my family that has it is my 3rd cousin. So its new to my family. Your family sounds great and its awesome that u made everything work out!! It sounds like everyone it happy!!
  • @newmommy, cheerleading amazes me, the flexibility and how in point every cheerleader is. I even watch it on espn, oh and I go to basketball games to watch the cheerleader. The flipping amazes me. Cheerleaders make it look so easy but it can't be.
  • No its very hard and often unappreciated, much like being a mom. But its my joy I've been doing it since I was a child. But my biggest passion is teen girls....I complete my degree for psychology this summer. Really wanna work with teen girls to raise self esteem and lower teen pregnancy.
  • WhaaaHoooo! Congrats and good luck!
  • Thanks you too
  • That's awesome!! Congrats! Graduating and a precious little one or little ones!! That's just awesome!
  • Yeah, my lungs are always so tight&hurts to sneeze, cough, deep breaths. Can be very frustrating. I used to get bladder infections a lot, which quite a few led to kidney infections-talk about pain. I couldn't imagine what you must feel like. I'm just worried how Lupus will affect the baby, I have heard horror stories of pregnant women with SLE. Just trying to remain positive that everything will be okay. Luckily I have my other kids to keep me busy :) cheerleading always fascinated me, but I never did it. Now I don't think I could handle all those teenage girls&the attitudes, as I get plenty of that at home ;) I love kids, don't take it the wrong way, however, with my health, my kids&all that I think my patience is stretched pretty far as is. I fully agree on the teen pregnancy needing to be more recognized. I watched a Lifetime movie, I think it was called 'The Pregnancy Pact', it was a made for TV movie/documentary on a group of high school girls who made a pact to get pregnant. I bawled my eyes out. I was a teenage mom, it was difficult, but the father was&still is involved 199,999%, but unfortunately most girls aren't that lucky. Even though we're divorced, we're still great friends&are a parenting unit-myself, my husband&my ex-husband. I watch 'Teen Mom', 'Teen Mom 2' & '16 & Pregnant'...so heartbreaking! I just wish that one person really could make a difference. Its almost like teen pregnancy is becoming an epidemic, that more&more girls are thinking its fun, babies are cute, life will be fantastic. I hope more teenagers educate themselves more, take precautions, realize the harsh reality of becoming a mother at 14, 15, 16. I don't want anyone to think I have anything bad to say about them, or that I condone them, I absolutely don't. I just know from firsthand experience how overwhelming, exhausting, difficult&ultimately all on you as the mother it is. No matter what happens, you have to find a way to take care of your child(ren) even if the father is there or not. I still battle with my ex boyfriend (father of my 8yr old) because at 30yrs old he can't land/keep a job, drinks every night, gets high, has never contributed one red cent to our daughter; yet LOVES to spout he has a daughter. He now has a 2yr old son plus wants&is trying for more. He brings up all our past problems from our relationship&says that's why he doesn't support her. Really?! Ugh. I was 19 when I had her, it was hard then. I see these girls that are 14/15 having babies, one was a month from her 15th birthday giving birth to her 2nd child. I truly thank you newmommynavywife for being so passionate about teenagers&wanting to help spread teenage parenting awareness. Kudos to you! Now...when are due dates? Anyone pick out names for girl/boy? Weird cravings?