soft urerus question

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
For the last couple weeks since week 12 I have had a firm uterus when I lay back and since about 17 weeks firm even when im standing.. the last couple days my uterus is soft.. like squishy.. its usually firm and large when I am laying on my back. Is this normal? I don't remember with my first..

Comments

• Maybe the baby changed position and isn't sticking out as much?
  • @littlenat86 I sure hope so! I want to call my dr but they think all my questions are stupid.. I tried to google it but couldn't fnd nada :/
  • If you are worried I would call anyway, I would rather them think I'm stupid than something be wrong! I remember my first changing positions and where there was a lump, the next day it would be gone!! They like playing hide and seek lol :-)
  • there is more water in there too.. lol.. dont worry .. as your uterus expands it feels more flexible.. cause its getting thinner and growing.. B-) when its small all the fibers are more tightly woven.. kinda like a rubber band.. does this help..
  • this is my third pregnancy and thats been the pattern..
  • @littlenat86 I felt him moving lots last night and it was still soft.. so I hope its just movement things!
    lae3 thank you! I really hope it's just extra fluid or movement. Its just weird cause ny belly has not been hard at all. I just look fat now when I was looking pregnant.. :( thank you ladies