2nd pregnancy first ended in miscarriage

edited January 2011 in First Trimester
I recently found out I was 5wks pregnant
And my fiancée and I are very excited because this will be our first child, but I am very nervous because this is my second pregnancy. I've been pregnant before (from a previous relationship) and it ended in a miscarriage. My doctor said it was from all the stress I endured during the first pregnancy and I'm scared it'll happen again. Is it normal to have this worry and can someone give me advice on how not to worry?

Comments

• Having a baby is a nerve racking thing. I couldn't imagen going through ?my entire pregnancy to have it end in a miscarriage. I can see why you would be nervous. This should ease your mind though... every emotion you feel is shared with the baby. Ever notice how you react to certain situations just like your mom? That process begins in the womb. I have some emotional issues (nothing drastic) and I don't want to pass it along to my baby so I fight my irrational feelings and try to react the best way possible. Every time you feel worried think about how u don't want to worry for baby. Same with any other negitive feeling. Just think about how oyou feel and if you want your sweet little baby to feel the same way. A good distraction is playing with some of the baby stuff you have and remind yourself how lucky you are and how happy you'll be once he or she gets here. You and your baby are one unit. Good luck.
  • I am 5 weeks with my second, like you my first ended with a miscarriage. I was 11 weeks when it happened. I am more nervous for it to happen again than I am to have a baby. It was hard and I still worry, but at the same time I'm not getting my hopes up for this one. I think the less I worry about it the more it could happen again. This time around I'm not telling anyone other than my most important family members until I am at least 15 weeks.. nothing hurts worse than someone who heard you were pregnant and asks how the pregnancy is going.
  • Aw bless I know how yo feel I had a misscarage 3 months ago and I have just found out I am 5 weeks pregnant again I am really happy but myself and hubby both feel like it will happen again I was 10wks the last time but I have talked to loads of people and they have all said that I have to look on the plus side and just take things easy and let things do what has to be done and be happy coz I doe want to spend the next 8 months worried something might happen
  • Your pregnancy is more likely to be normal right after a miscarriage. My last miscarriage was Sept 19th and I am now 8 weeks pregnant And feel amazing. Keep your head up momofmany!