Baby laying on my sciatica nerve.

edited May 2011 in Third Trimester
I am having a horrible sharp pain in my rear end (left buttcheek). I was just walking then all of a sudden i felt this sharp pain and now i can barely wobble to the potty because its shooting down my left leg.. And up my back. How can I get relief or get this baby to move?

Comments

• Try stretching it out or put pressure on thr area that hurts. Sit on a ball, like a tennis ball or something. I am having the same problem on the right side, but I am only 19wks. If you can, go get a massage, it will help alot. I am just saying that cause I am a massage therapist lol. Hope you feel better :) Hehe just tell her/him to move hehe
  • @stillsuprised I had a talk with her and asked her to move but shes snug as a bug and wont budge. im gonna make hubby give me a massage but hes so rough.. I think he'll do more damage.
  • idk how to fix it bit I have that problemm try shifting body weight.. sorry hun
  • Sciatica sucks. I'm currently having the same problem. If it gets to bad let ur dr know so they can refer u to a physical therapist.
  • Currently laying on my right side with a heating pad covering the area. It seems to be working..as long as I dont make any sudden movements.. Im considering going swimming tomorrow..because gravity sucks!
  • gosh i get it too NOTHING helps =( stretching feels good and massage but as soon as its finished its back lol one thing i won't miss about pregnancy
  • Ok y'all! Lol! I have it too. The thing that works for me and my sister is this, get down on your hands and knees. Stretch your back out. You can lean down in the front a little more if you need to. Sway your hips back and forth gently. This helps to stretch you out and helps the baby move off of your nerve! Then try the heating pad! That feels good to!
  • Even if it hurts so very bad the best thing is to try and move. Laying makes it worse when u do have to get up to walk. I had it pretty bad when not pregnant so much that I was on all kinds of meds and had to walk with a cane for 3 months. In a wheelchair during a vacation cruise and had to wear like this tight back thing. It eventually went away so I could walk again. It flares up every now and again. Esp now with this pregnancy. But I ain't take ne meds I just try to keep moving so I don't lock up from laying. I know it feels so much better to lay with the heating pad but if u are going to don't do it to long. I.don't want u hobbling with a cane like me. So embarassing not to mention painful. Oh n I had also did the physical therpy ... the hot the cold, the tinglly shocky thing. Ugh that all was a joke n waste of time. I was better talking to others n figuring out what worked for me ;-) best luck n feel better
  • i have the same problem in my right butt cheek and sometimes it hurts really bad if i try and bend over to far...
  • My honey messages my lower back until my baby moves.