please help! im crying my eyes out and dont know where to turn next :'(

HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE???

I was at the deli waiting for my food when suddenly I felt flushed. I was just standing there! My heart started racing and I couldn't breathe and next thing I know, I woke up on the floor with paramedics surrounding me. They took me to ER and all they did was tell me I have a urinary tract infection and follow up with my OB :O and that "these things happen when pregnant" they discharged me and I immediately went over to doctor for a REAL opinion and he sternly asked me why I took an ambulance for fainting?! I said I was unconscious and the store called!! Long story short, he AlSO told me this can happen when pregnant and "keep some candy around and stay hydrated."

Now, I have a history of high risk pregnancies. Preterm labor, preterm birth, and high blood pressure. WHY DIDN'T ANYONE CHECK MY BABY???????????? I feel him/her moving, but that is not enough to satisfy me! I've been having painful contractions for two days now. How about checking my cervix??!! No one is doing anything for me and acting like contractions and passing out is normal! I left the office crying hysterically and told them I was never coming back! But until I find a new doctor, what is wrong with me???? I'm still lightheaded and have a terrible migraine and in my gut, this is not normal! What do I do? Has anyone experienced this before??

BTW...when I passed out, I was fully hydrated and had eaten an hour ago.

Comments

• Is there another hospital by you?? I would drive to the next hospital .....wait have someone drive you to the next hospital and get another opinion. And as for that doctor I would file a complaint against him with the hospital and also get a hold of the state and see who you need to talk to to make a complaint against him there too.
  • Maybe they should have checked you and ran blood tests to make sure that your heart was okay and that you didn't throw a blood clot or anything. Ugh. Girl you got my blood pressure high. Lol. I am mad.
  • @momof5 I'm home now and my mom already left. My hubby is currently disabled, so I'm the only driver around! I'm actually afraid to go by ambulance again because the doctor made me feel like such a fool (I know it wasn't my fault,but he still made me feel that way) I feel like everyone thinks I'm crazy because this is the third time this week I been to the ER and they keep telling me I'm "normal" I'm so frustrated :'(
  • My mom passes out from uti's also. But they should have made sure baby was ok too...
  • @Kate_k really? But I don't even feel uti-ish (not a word, but..) I woulda nvr guessed I had one. All just seems so odd. Is she also dizzy afterward? Cuz I'm still very dizzy.
  • During my 2nd trimester I had to lay down very often due to migraines. Now in my 3rd trimester my pulse races for no reason. When I told my Dr he did an ekg and a echocardiogram. They found nothing wrong. He says it just happening. I don't understand my heartbeat goes up to 140's I don't pass out but it sounds the same. I also would make the hospital check on my baby. That's the most important thing! Good luck!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @simplyraven22406 what do u do? What causes it when it happens to u?
  • Don't know if she does or not. She has alzheimers and can't tell us....
    The symptoms of uti are similar to pregnancy so it is harder to tell...
  • They said I was unresponsive for a good 10-15 minutes. I'm a nurse and I've never heard of such a thing from a uti :/
  • I work in the medical field also (paramedic) and have never had anyone pass out from a uti. How far along are you? When I was pregnant my heart would race but doc said that was just increase blood flow and I use to get palpatations really bad but that was it. After I had my 4th child I was in ER for fast heart rate and hard to breath and feeling flushed that's when they found I had a PE. Like I said sweetie I would get a second opinion and trun that doctor in.
  • @momof5 I am 17 weeks. I think I'm going to go to another ER after I call my mom. Just don't feel right. The whole palpitations and trouble breathing makes me uncomfortable. A PE also makes sense since I have been in bed for a week! S/N I love the other doctors in that office. Just this one is a jerk. Hate to leave over him. Just gotta pray he's not on call when I go into labor.
  • Ok I know you're scared and stressed about this whole thing. But nearly exact same thing happened to me. Fortunately I didn't have to go to the hospital. But what I found out is that when the uterus is growing, it puts pressure on a nerve that causes dizziness, fainting, lightheadedness, even slurred speech. I thought something was seriously wrong with me, only to be told its completely normal and to lay down. I seriously thought I was losing my baby or something. It is normal though....
  • We as women know our body and we know when somethings not right. And if it wasn't for my bad feeling I would have never went in cause my husband and FIL kept telling me that I was fine and when I went to ER the nurse that I worked with said that it was nothing and that I was worn down and needed rest. The doctor in the ER that I also worked with said that I was prolly dehydrated so they would run labs and run fluids. My d-dimer came back positive so he said just to be safe he would run a CT and there it was. My very own blood clot sitting in my lung :( I knew something was wrong and it didn't help that I had looked up all my symptoms on webmd and all pointed to a PE. Ugh.

I say you get that second opinion. I know I'm pushy but I would HATE to see something happen to you and that little unborn baby. You need to get pushy with the docs and make sure they know that this is what happened and that you have been in bed for a week. We as medical ppl don't get taken by other medical ppl very well and it sucks. Lol. I will pray for you sweetie and your unborn. I hope he's not on call when you go into labor. That would suck. Keep us up to date. I have to go to work but I will be checking to see.
  • I would say your vagus nerve and you just vaguled out but you would think that your heartrate would go low and it wouldn't of affected your breathing. Right?