not pregnancy related but how would YOU ladies feel?????? :/

edited May 2011 in USA moms
Here's a little info first. My father walked out of my life before I was born. My mom meant a wonderful man 2 months after I was born. He raised me like his own child and never told ppl that I wasn't his. I never knew he wasn't my dad until I was 14 when I found my baby book with my real fathers name in it and I asked my mom. So when I turned 15 I tried to contact my real father. Who had moved on and had 2 more children. I called him and was told by him to never contact him again and called a bitch and hung up on. My grandma was the same. Never wanted anything to do with me. When I turned 18 my father came back into my life for a couple of months. He tried to tell me what to do and was like he was my dad. That ended really quick when I told him to get the fuck out of my life and never come back. My sister and brother both keep in contact with me. My sister called tonight to tell me that my grandmother was killed today in a car accident and she didn't know if I wanted to come to the family stuff. They never wanted me in the first place had nothing to do with me and now I have all this hate and anger built up inside me. What would you ladies and guys do???? Should I go and try and be civil or say screw it and live my life as they are nothing to me???

Comments

• Whatever feels RIGHT in your heart. Personally, I know I would not go if I was treated that way.
  • I prolly wouldnt go if it were me
  • I'm afraid if I go then I will end up saying things that I shouldn't. I don't want to be full of anger but wow I am soooo mad. Ugh. I want to be there for both of my sisters and my brother but I know that my real father will say something to me. I am 29 years old and haven't seen him since I was 18 and that asshole had the nerve to request me as a friend on facebook OMG. Ugh I hate him so much. I know its not nice to hate but I can't help it. They all treated me like I was nothing.
  • Blood doesn't make you guys family. It seemsyou have no bond, so I personally wouldn't
  • I had this when my dad died in a car accident. believe me my struggle was even harder as I am a police officer and was first on scene. Against all advice I notified my mum and family, then his new wife and family. Stupid I know but felt I couldnt ask it of my colleagues.
    I went to the funeral and part way through got up and walked out. When listing his kids and saying how proud he was of all they achieved my name was left out. Needless to say I was shattered after what it cost me emotionally that night knocking on the door.
    I have never visited his grave and now only speak to my mum and sister.
    Just be open with the family you talk to and explain the way you are feeling. Sorry it won't be easy.
  • Thanks guys.
    @dadof2n1togo. I couldn't imagine the pain that you felt to be excluded like that. That's kinda how I feel. My father has 4 kids and I am left out called the bastard child and never even thought about. Out of all the kids from my father and from my mom which is 8 I am the only one that went to college and graduated. I work full time as a paramedic and raise my wonderful family and am married. I live in my own house my sisters whom I love dearly both have kids that are in foster homes and I have one brother that is a druggie and 1 brother that is a good person and trys his best with his family and I have 1 brother that has already passed away from an accident. I get no good job or I'm proud of you or nothing from my father. They have never wanted me around. I have all this anger and feel like if I seen them I would explode. Ugh. I think that I will stay away and send a card and flower arrangement to the funeral home. Thank you all for your input. Feels good to vent.
  • I think you're doing the best thing by just sending a card and flowers.
  • I personally wouldn't go either. Just send a card or flowers
  • I was going to recommend just sending a nice flower arrangement too. Funerals are tense, even at the best family situations.
  • I wouldn't go hon but follow your gut feeling and you will be alright!
  • Me personally wouldnt go, u dont know if they are going to treat u bad.. Just send a sympathy card to ur siblings and they should understand
  • Thank you all so much. I think the best thing to do is get a card and flower arrangement and send to the funeral home. I really don't want to start a big war at someones funeral and my luck I would be taken to jail. Lol.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Well dang ladies. Now you got me thinkin. Ugh this is so hard to figure out. I don't know what I should do. I wanna be there for my brother and my sisters that way they know I care about them. Thank you guys for all the advice and support. It really means a lot.
  • @momof5
    I think a card and flowers could be the best option as you said it is always a tense environment. hey I had to of my work mates with me at my dads funeral just in case I cracked it lol.
    All the best and I really do hope it works out for you.
  • A card and flowers are going to be a must. Lol. I will show them that even tho I was nothing more than a bastard child to them. Lol. I'm just gna smile about things and try not to get worked up about anything.
  • Love your attitude about it @momof5 You show them who is the better person in this situation!
  • Who are u going or not going for? Them or u? U need to do what is right for U. Just because ur not there doesn't mean u don't care.
  • @lilbabythree. I would have to say that I wouldn't go for me cause I don't want to face rejection like I have all my life. I do feel that a card a flowers would be fit for the situation just to show them that I may not be part of that family but I still in my own little way care. I care a lot aabout my sisters and my brother. I love them with all my heart.

@mattandmallory27. Thank you so much for the support. :)