Should I be worried??? Sort of a vent...

Ok, so I may seem a little paranoid here. I am at about 6 weeks pregnant, and so far my gp and the cnm that I've seen have both made me feel like I am NOT pregnant. Or that it won't "stick" (for lack of a better word). Both of them seemed a little surprised and annoyed that I found out at 5 weeks. They've said that is really early to know. And their attitudes in general are like they don't expect me to really be pregnant when I go for my ultrasound. My labs came back with definitely positive hcg results. Not high on the scale, but normal for someone at 5 weeks. I don't know if I should ignore them and just continue on as I have been, or if I should be worried that they know something and aren't telling me. Shouldn't their goal be to keep me as UN-stressed as possible so the pregnancy will go to term???

Comments

• My step sister and I are both pregnant. She found out when she was only 3 weeks along. Her doctors seemed happy for her, and never gave her any grief about it being so early. I guess it just makes me nervous that the people I should be able to trust are making me feel like I shouldn't be happy.
  • i agree dont stress to much about how they act....i was 5 weeks when i found out i was pregnant and the nurse was kinda like oh well your pregnant is this planned are you gonna keep it.......i think they just lost the reason why they went into healthcare and they are just blah to everything...
  • I found out at 4 weeks. Went to dr and saw baby ar 6 week ultrasound. Seems to me like your drs don't think your should be pregnant. Its really not their choice. Maybe switch drs for the meantime. Your drs don't seem sympathetic to your situation.
  • Don't stress. I think they do this so often that they forget that what and how they say things can affect people. Don't worry, and continue along with your pregnancy.
    Oh and congrats! :)
  • I work in the office with my gp, we are pretty close. I wouldn't say friends, but friendly aquaintances. It bothers me that she knows how hard hubby and I have been trying, and now that I am, she seems indifferent. And as for the cnm, I agree with @snowwhitej. I haven't seen her in about 5 years, last time I did she was very nice and seemed to really care. Now she seems like she doesn't want to be doing her job anymore. My first ultrasound is set for June 2, so I will show them then that baby and I are doing just fine. :-)
  • Don't worry. I tested 2/23&2/24 both were neg.I tested again 5-6 days later and it was positive whic put me at about 5 weeks. Had a vaginal ultrasound a week later and it said 6w6days..
  • oh don't worry about them tell em to stick it up their butts and that they should be happy for you! and congratz!!! :D <3
  • Yeah, I would just let it roll off your back at this point, but maybe consider changing CNM's later if she still acts that way (once there's solid "proof" of your pregnancy). As much as it sucks, you can't 'make' anyone as excited about your pregnancy as you are. I'm having my 2nd & it really feels like no one I know except my daughter & midwife are excited at all. Even my hubby gives me the blues because he doesn't act as 'interested' in what's going on with this one.
    Good luck & just spend your thoughts on happy thoughts about your baby. :)
  • Thanks, ladies. I am feeling a lot better. I plan on waiting til after my first actual OB appointment to make a decision about the CNM. If she has the same poor attitude for that, I will be requesting to see the OB/GYN in the same office. I know for a fact he is a good guy who loves what he does, but he is very busy and I liked the CNM before, so I figured I'd give her a shot. Hubby, mom and my little sister are all being supportive. Sometimes I think they are more excited than me! Haha :-))
  • I found out at 4 weeks with both pregnanies the day after I missed my period for this one some people just can't be happy for others I guess I say eff them :) congrats!
  • Just got a call back from my OB's office. I had a repeat hcg level drawn on Monday to make sure they had gone up, and they did! Take that downers! Haha. I just wish people could try and pretend to be happy for others instead of worrying them.