How does labor feel

edited May 2011 in Birth Stories
Im curious and would like to know all details. Im having my first in July and want to be somewhat prepared to what to expect.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Its very PAINFUL :)
  • And I remembered every bit of it lol
  • Like hell
  • It does hurt like hell.. my water broke at home at 4 in the morning git to the hospital and @ 10am they started me on pitocin because I was having no contractions. Every time u told them to turn the pitocin drip down they would up it, damn it hurt.... at 9 pm still not dialating (was at a 3 for 2 months) told me if by 10pm I hadn't started pushing it was csection.. 930 got up to pee they checked me said still at a 3 and as soon as they walked out the door I said I felt I needed to push.. nurse came in and head was coming out.. my son was 9 lbs 8 1/2 ounces. It hurt like the worse pain I'd ever felt. I had him at 942pm and as soon as I held him I forgot the pain... told everyone in the room how labor wasn't so bad..I had no pain meds....
  • I haven't had unmanageable pain with my labors. Imo migraines are worse. When I relaxed my muscles it feels like my uterus is pushing the baby down. I usually feel pain in my hips like when you've worked out. It did get painful when I got hungry withy first just because I was exhausted (damn doctors don't let you eat). So my doula gave me some honey (yuck). I had the baby 45 minutes later. Pushing felt like taking a big poop. There was a split second when I realized the baby wasn't coming out the back but the front and I was terrified. If you can fight through that fear and not tense your body it helps you not to tear. My last birth was my daughter she was 9lb 9.5 oz. I didn't tear with her, painted our apt a week later, moved into our apt2 weeks later, and was able to have sex with my hubby in 3 weeks. I wasn't forced to do any of this against my will. I just felt good enough to keep going.
  • Its bad but after being pregnant for 40 wks u wont care! Im 38 wks w/my 2nd and cannot wait to go into labor. I just had my 1st 15mo ago and was totally willing to do it again right away so it can't be that bad
  • Ok I know I can handle it I think lol my sister says with all my tattoos you should tolerate it. Thats a tital different pain I said lol
  • edited May 2011
    I loved my labor .. contractions felt like period cramps I literally drove myself to the hospital like I want even in labor. I was 5 cm when I got there. got my epidural shortly after that felt like a pinch when it was time for me to push I was laughing and joking with my bf and sis 4 easy pushes he was out ... I loved my labor lol
  • I never felt a thing! Im pregnant with my 2nd and I have no idea what a contraction feels like or labor! Lol I got in my room about 930am and had my baby by 230pm...pretty sure I would have had her in my bed if I wouldn't have asked the nurse if I could poop! Lol I pused maybe 5 times and was talking and laughing at my husband the whole time! Once i got back to my room i was up walking around like nothing had happened! Really hoping this go around is just as pleasant! : )