How much proof do you need...

edited May 2011 in USA moms
to sue for discrimination? Its a really long story, but I really believe I was fired from a job for being pregnant. What will I need for proof, or how can I prove it? What kind of lawyer would I hire?

Comments

• Document in writing why you felt u were discriminated and terminated. Give examples.. If you file for unemployment you should get it, appeal if you don't. I'm not sure on what kind of lawyer.
  • They're trying to deny my unemployment because I didn't call the temp service I worked thru in 24 hrs. I was fired on a Friday, and called Immediately Monday.. How does that work?!

Part of the reason I think it was because I am pregnant is because they told the temp service that I was no longer needed (after offering me a permanent position) and then hired someone else for my position.
  • **No longer needed as in they weren't going to refill the position.
  • you would basically need some form of written doccument, a wittness, and a very good lawyer if they didn't actually say you're fired cuz you're pregnant. BUT i don't know that for a fact, considering i know pretty much nothing about the law and suing and what not... so i prolly wouldnt listen to me xD