IUGR baby and being induced at 36 weeks. Happen to anyone else?

I am 36 weeks today (5/20/11) and I'm being scheduled to get induced Wednesday night. Last week they were worried because the baby was transverse. Yesterday they did another sono and found the baby had turned so the head was down but not engaged into the pelvis at all. Wednesday they are going to give me cervadil and then once my cervix is ripe enough they are going to start pitocin. I'm terrified of this whole situation and the fact that a c-section is a possibility with my circumstances. (this is my second baby by the way- first pregnancy went flawlessly but born at 37 weeks naturally-no problems) Anyone else been in this position or have any suggestions?

Comments

• I will be 37 weeks Tuesday and my little man hasn't dropped either. My Dr isn't worried about it. What exactly is IUGR?
  • I went into labor naturally at 34 and 36 weeks both my sons were perfeectly healthy u will be fine!!
  • inter uterine growth restriction- the baby has been falling further and further behind through out this pregnancy. It's 3 weeks behind right now. My doctor is worried because the baby has to come out before next weekend because they are worried my uterus will stop working all together. I have to do constant fetal kick counts and I'm being being monitored every couple days to be sure baby is ok until wednesday.
  • Ohhhhh ok, thanks for explaining. I'm sorry, I can't help you.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • They say i have a IUGR baby...she's in the 22nd percentile the last time they told me..ony weighing in at a little over 3 pounds...and im 32 weeks pregnant.
  • I was induced with my 1st @ 36 wks due to me losing fluids ...she was fine healthy ...ur doc knows what they are doing u would be fine