Getting An Epidural

edited February 2011 in June 2011
Well ladies im due 2 hve my 2nd bby on June 8th via c-sectn n im scared of getn antha epidural. Iz crappy dat dea dnt allow da fathr 2 be n da room wit yu doin dat time jus da nurse/doctr. Da 1st time aroun I had a panic attack n im jus so worried wat will happn dis time. Any suggestns on how 2 deal wit dis/how do yu feel bout getn an epidural?

Comments

• I had a csection with my first all I did was just thought about my baby and not moving cause I didn't want to be paralyzed just keep ur mind off of it iknow its had cause u have a needle going in your back but its all worth it in the end
  • Thanx n I kno iz worth it n im also afraid of bein paralyzed but it mus b dne.
  • I had a friend in the room with me to hold my hand when I got the epidural with my son (dad wasnt in the picture and son was bein adopted)ill like to see them tell me I cant have anybody in the room while I get that done..only time my husband is gonna leave the room is when I get an enema haha just talk to the dr givin it to you and ask them to please let you have somebody in the room with you cuz your very scared and need a supportive person. Im sure they wont argue with a pregnant woman lol
  • edited February 2011
    I had my mom and my bf n the room with me when I got an epidural with my first 2 kids. If ur afraid u should ask if I could lay on ur side when they do it. Thats how my sister got hers done.
  • Ig iz mus jus b @ dis particular hsptl. But wit my son I beggd n pleaded dat dea let his fathr stay but dea refused n I waz crying my ass off.
  • They usually allow the dad in the room, its not vaginal but it's still the birth of his child and your support
  • I would be super pi$$ed if they wouldn't let my husband be in the room, its not like he's gonna be in the way. You should do a diff hospital
  • I had my husband with me holding my hand when they gave me the shot. and u pretty much got no choice but to b numb cuz it is a c section ur doing. I had my epidural done twice cuz the first time the nurse didnt hook up one tube so make sure they do!!! bestest luck!