bump growth spurts

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
Is it possible to have a growth spurt while awake a notice? I've been at work (i work nights) and at about 3.30am I kept getting what felt like growing pains/stretching in my belly button :-S I am on my feet constantly at work then when I was driving home at 6am my pants where really digging in to me to the point where I had to pull over to sort myself out! Then I noticed when going to take my pants off that my belly seems to be bulging over my pants more. I'm 15 week. Has this happend to anyone else or is my preggo brain playing tricks on me?

Comments

• In four days I've gained two pounds. My tummy feels like its stretching everyday. Then again I'm 17 weeks with twins. I don't see how it is impossible. Have you been eating a lot more? I eat 5 to 6 small meals a day.
  • Oh man...
    @gemini_babies
    You're in for a shocker. Im 33 weeks w twins. My pic is 3 wks old and Im almost double the size... They grow like weeds at the end!
    @mums_the_word
    Yes, you can feel like you grew during the day or in your case night. Its prob from being on your feet. Just drink water constantly no matter how much you have to use the bathroom. Don't drink Dasani. It has sodium in it. If you start swelling in your face hands and ankles don't feel bad asking for a break.

I wish you both luck! It's so exciting having a baby!
  • @mommyof4girls I'm nervous its my 1st pregnancy. I'm only 4"11. So I dont know how I'm going to gain all the weight for the twins.
  • last night it happened to me! I was 18 weeks exactly yesterday, didnt have a huge amount of food that day. Right before I went to bed I felt where the top of my uterus was which was about an inch below my belly button (which is where I felt it was for this passed week) and when i woke up and felt my baby rolling around like touching my belly button! And I checked my uterus and it was even with the button! Made my tummy bigger (:
  • Wait wait wait!.i meant to type 19 weeks! Not 18 lmao I'm 19w2d today
  • Mine has growth spurts! I go for a ultrasound every 2 weeks. Seems like babys on schedule one time & next babys ahead. So I went in may 2nd and babys 1weeks ahead then on Wednesday the 18th babys on my due date. Odd right! So I go back on the 2nd of june. I'm betting babys ahead again. I'm 20 weeks & gained 2lbs.
  • I'm 19 weeks today and I had a growth spurt a couple night ago! I woke up n none of my work pants fit anymore lol
  • Yup that all sounds about right! Good luck everyone!
    @gemini_babies
    Just relax as much as you can starting now! Don't stress about the weight eat right! Take your vitamins everyday and drink the ensure drinks that say helping you get healthy from the inside out. Take at least one half hr break a day to rest on your left side the later in your pregnancy you get aim for adding an extra half hr break every few weeks as you feel you need them. Don't over do it. Listen to your body. If you need a break take it! To heck w anyone who doesn't get it. Good luck. Im here if you need anything just tag me in a post.
  • @gemini_babies
    You're welcome! Best wishes!