How do I..

edited May 2011 in Birth Stories
Induce my labor naturally, I have tried so many things...walking, sex, cleaning, Primrose Oil, even Pizza (which I hate!) What else can I do to speed things along I'm getting really impatient, I have had inconsistent contractions for 6 days & they hurt bad..I have 6 days until my due date but I fear she will be stubborn

Comments

• Red raspberry tea. Heard it works wonders :) best of Luck!!
  • I keep hearing castor oil
  • I used raspberry leaf pills (same thing as the tea) but it will only work if your pretty close to being ready I was 5 days overdue. Be careful of castor oil can be dangerous and cause baby to poo while still inside
  • I got the tea, that's what started my contractions that I have been having...I think I will avoid Castrol Oil I know people who have used it & heard some horror stories! Also heard it only makes you contract not dilate! Thanks for your imput ladies its very much appreciated
  • KIWI! I tried everything when I was pregnant with my son and the top 4 things that did it for me were: #1-fresh kiwi fruit (I used it for this pregnancy too because I'm going to be induced in 2 days and wanted to do whatever I could naturally to help things move faster. The kiwi started cramps almost immediately and after 2 days and 3 kiwi, I am starting to dilate) #2- pineapple (It worked the same as the kiwi only less noticeable. Not working in this pregnancy) #3- Acupressure points (put me into labor in 2 days, after I had used eating pineapple and having sex to prepare my cervix) #4- sex, sex, sex