feeling so guilty...

Im a SAHM to a sweet 3yo girl :) and carrying #2 (7wks)....I was a little sick w/big sister, but nothing like this time around :( I've been sooo sick, taking Zofran to stop the vomiting but still feel cruddy. Thank heaven for my mom and mil who have kept my DD at their houses the last week, but between not seeing her and not being able to be a good mama when she is here (its so hard to even get up to get her something to eat!), I've been so depressed. As excited as I am about this new pregnancy, I can't help but think I wouldn't have done it if I knew id have to push my daughter off on my mom because I can't give her the right attention right now....and scared to death im gonna be this sick the whole preg! Anyone in this situation? :((

Comments

• Trying to bump this up...hoping i'm not alone...
  • I was sick for 13 weeks & I'm a SAHM of a 3 year old girl, too. You are lucky to have your mom & mil to help out; my mom is not in my life & my mil is severely obese & no help at all... I feel guilty that I'm sick & grumpy from lack of sleep. I am just terrified of her not feeling loved & special when her little sister gets here!...
    I don't have any advice, but I feel your pain. Hang in there!
  • I've never been through that but id say it seems pretty normal for u to feel that way but just try to think positively about it. U might not be able to take care of her like u would normally but ur giving her a great gift of having a sibling/friend! Its just temporary and I'm sure ur stressin about it more than anyone else but mayb that's making u sick too...I hope u feel better hun! Keep ur chin up! :)
  • im 25 wks and i have a two yr old. been on bed rest for a monthand my mom is picking up my slack i know how you feel it sucks
  • @vette_devil exactly...she's had to see me throwing up and she's so concerned "mama what's the matter?" Patting my back...I just feel so much like im neglecting her for another child...I know im probably blowing this way up but being preggers makes you do that :/ thanks for the support ladies, it does make me feel better...
  • @skaihall I've basically been bedridden...my hips hurt from laying in bed so much. Bless your heart...
  • I am now 22 wks, but early on and even now sometimes I am sick, or just plain exhausted. I have a 4 yr old and a 2 yr old and stay at home with them. When I find it difficult to actually play with them, we snuggle up on the couch or in my bed and watch movies, cartoons or read books. We also eat easy meals like PB&J and canned fruit. My kids still feel special but I don't have to put a ton of effort in on the days I don't feel the best. Good luck and I hope your morning sickness subsides soon!
  • I've been miserable sick and exhausted this time. I spent the entire month of february in bed, I think. Luckily, my kiddo is 5 and pretty independent. I let her snuggle with me and watch tv in my bed til her daddy got home most days, which isn't ideal, but she felt spoiled and I didn't have to move, lol!
  • i wish i could help. everyone tells me its ok i just know i can be a way better mom. we are lucky to hve our moms and im sure your mom has no problem spending more time w her beautiful grandbaby. right now you have to make sure you do all you can to get feelin better and dnt be like me and push yourself esp so early in the pregnancy
  • Well, I'm also a SAHM to a 4yr old boy and I'm a military wife so we don't have family to help and my husband was away for 2 months! The 2 months I needed him here :-( I started getting sick at 5wks and it lasted till 14 wks. I was also on zofran but I felt awful all the time. I lived on the couch and my poor son would watch tv or play Wii all day long! I felt SO guilty... but you just have to do what you can and don't worry it will get better! And she will be to get your loving care again....
  • I'm 17 wks now and still vomit every so often... but feel SO much better and hopefully you will too soon!