38 weeks ultrasound. Inducing??

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
Today at 2 I have an ultrasound to see how big my boy is. After that we go straight to the doctor to have my cervix checked. My doctor plans to induce if my baby is bigger than average. I am hoping so badly to at least be able to set up the induction date if not just get induced today. I can't wait to see my baby!!!

Comments

• I had an ultrasound yesterday for the exact same reason. my baby seems big from the outside, but she measured at 8lb 3oz. They asked if I wanted my membranes to be stripped. I opted to wait it out another week.
  • Wooowhooo good luck mama :)
  • @maggie lol I dont want my membranes stripped either I hear it's incredibly painful for some women. My doctor will go straight to pitocin. My belly is very small but it was with my first big boy lol.
  • @karla_with_a_k thanks! I'm afraid that my hopes are up and I will be disappointed if I find out that I will be waiting another week or two lol
  • @onemoreontheway I have a difficult time as it is with the pelvic exams... I can't imagine adding that procedure. However, I have a feeling that delivery isn't going to be pleasant either.... so maybe it would have been better to get it over with?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @maggie lol I know what you mean. I guess the pain of getting stripped would be nothing compared to labor and birth, never thought about it like that lol.

@ashleyfew I will!! :)
  • @onemoreontheway I'm going to wait it out til Friday. If nothing happens by then, the doc told me to pick a day next week to induce.
  • @maggie lol I would pick monday :p
  • @onemoreontheway I already tried but it's Memorial Day and they said no... BOO!
  • Lmao I forgot about memorial day. That sucks!!! @maggie
  • Whats the vertic?
  • when i was pregnant with my first i went in for a check up at 38 weeks and they said i was staying cuz the baby was big and if i waited any longer they would have to do a c-section...i was induced that same day without even expecting it...Surprise! haha. good luck
  • ugh i hated getting membranes stripped especially since it didnt work..... and a lot of women i talked to said it didnt work for them as well .. good luck!
  • The baby weighs 7lb 3oz (average for 38 weeks) but his head measured 40 weeks 3 days, I am currently waiting for my doctor, and I'm not optimistic anymore lol. I will update after the doctor tells me his thoughts.

@karla_with_a_k @maggie @ashleyfew
    @kalikojenie @btrflyqt85
  • Ok. Are you dilated anymore?
  • Question. What is membrane stripping? Is there a pole and panties involved?! Lol
  • Nothing has changed in my cervix...boo! He says next week we may induce, we are going to talk about it at my appt tuesday bc his calendar wouldn't pull up today so that we could set a date. :( this is going to be the longest week ever. Oh well.
  • It will be ok. Its best to let nature run its course .... im waiting it out with you!