Bad sunburned at 31 weeks, any suggestions on what to do??

edited May 2011 in July 2011
I am 31 weeks pregnant with my first child and I wanted to go to the pool and get at least a lil bit of color so I didnt look like frosty the snowman. Well I was only out there about an hour. Now my stomach, chest, and legs are really burnt and it hurts a whole lot. Any suggestions on what to do other than cocoa butter lotion? And I am very paranoid that it hurt my little girl. I know sunburns arent good for anybody but did I hurt my baby??

Comments

• I would suggest you keep cool I know when I get sunburned my body stays hot. :-j
  • sorry I didn't mean to put a face on my comment! Stupid phone
  • Alovera (sp) mustard may help
  • a lot of aloe vera...mild showers...no scrubbing...
  • Put the aloe vera cooling gel it works! I think cocoa butter might actually irritate it more, drink plenty of water incase of dehydration the aloe cream is a bright green gel or a bright green n get the gel not the cream it helped soothe my burn within 2-3 days after a week pain was gone
  • I know being in the sun early in a pregnancy is bad idea. Sun does something to your folic acid levels and can increase risk of a ntd. Your in third tri, I think your safe. Try solarcain, or milk to relieve your burn.
  • I agree that aloe vera should help. I have put it in the fridge so its nice and cool.
  • I use the Aloe lotion, not the green gel, because I feel like the green gel just makes my skin more tense. You can also take Tylenol to help relieve some of the pain. I got sunburn when I was around 22 weeks, and taking two tylenol every six hours helped with the pain and helped me be able to sleep.
  • Ps. Aloe vera is more effective on severe burns if kept in fridge I too am burnt lol
  • I just got sunburned badly on Friday. I googled lots of remedies even though I didn't try them. One that I kept seeing was vinegar. Sounds gross though. I did take tylenol, but it didn't do anything for me. The only thing I could do was prop up my burned legs and feet for relief. So I guess what worked best for me was just taking it easy for a few days. Still waiting for my sunburn to fade though. It's purple, yikes!
  • Ok, this is gonna suck but I get extreme sunburns all the time, while in the shower if you can put it as hot as you can and spray it on your sunburn, it's gonna ating and hurt like hell, but it'll take the stinging sensation out of your burn, afterwards I always rub, vineger, then milk, then aloe vera, but be sure to give time for then ti dry
  • Sorry, my phone is dumb, good luck! I'm not sure which one of the three works but I use all of them just in case
  • honey, i live in hawaii and cant even go to the beach anymore! my skin is so sensitive now that im prego! i hate it! im gonna be the only albino living in this state!
  • Thanks everybody. I will def try some ideas cause it hurts to wear my shirts cause they rub my stomach and I dont get any sleep.
  • when i got a really bad one the only thing that could help was cream and the only cream i had was hemp cream that and cold wash clothes on my body
  • I've heard vinegar is good fir sunburns but I don't know how to use it.
  • Any lotion or gel with aloe in it will help also a almost cold shower but whatever you do don't scratch or scrub it
  • I had a bad sunburn sunday to where i couldnt put my bra on.. i bought hawaii brand aloe gel.. it works great! I store mine in the fridge for extra relief. To put it on hurts caise your touching your burn but after it helps. I put mine on twice a day before bed and when i get up