staying in shape while pregnant?

edited January 2011 in Pregnant
I'm really big on going to the gym and staying in shape and I was wondering if doing so while pregnant is frowned upon ? And if so what can I do stay in shape. If it means anything I'm almost 2mnths and not really showing

Comments

• I was told nothing dangerous. So no rock climbing, snow boarding ect. But your normal routine should be fine. check with your dr. they will tell you if your normal is safe.
  • As long as your not in pain or cramping your ok. Once you hit your second trimester you have to tone it down. No jogging or crunches. Have to keep your heart rate down to a certain level also. Think its 134-136. Can't remember exactly. But easy cardio is good for you and will help with stamina in labor. Just tasker it a little easy and lighten up if you start getting uncomfortable or feel funny..
  • I was told your max heart rate should ne 140 but that depends on how active u were prior to. If I get up to 150 and feel good I dont fret. Im 22 weeks and have been going to the gym ever since ive been feeling good. I just listen to my body, dont overdue it on cardio and nothing that presses on my tummy obviously.
  • When I was pregnant with my first child I did a lot of swimming and that was really good for the baby and relaxation for your body and muscles. Good luck