Date idea's for dinner?? Help.

edited May 2011 in Single moms
Ok, so I have my wonderful guy friend coming round for dinner tonight, i have some non alchoholic wine and cider for myself and some beers for him. (he is more then welcome to have my non alcohol stuff if he wishes though as there is plenty) I can't decide what to cook though, do I cook him what I crave and freak the he'll out of him, or something a little more normal like meatballs and spagetti (yum) I already have decided we are gunna have cheesecake for desert and it's my favourite right now and all I crave. So what do you thing ladies, meatballs or a combinationnof food that might put him off (especially when I can't help but to eat them together lol). Also I'm having another major issue, I DONT KNOW WHAT TO WEAR!! lol, all my nice clothes that are dressy but not too dressy don't fit me know more :'( the only clothes I have that fit are the top you see in my picture, some short shorts, the jeans you see in this picture and a purple dress that when I wear it comes from the supposed knee length to mid thigh length. I have got maternity tights to go with it, so help me or else I shall end up wearing my shower curtain (it's see-through) 8->

Comments

• Spaghetti is always good who doesn't like it.... n I would wear the dress :)
  • @mommakk88 hehe but spagetti and meatballs always reminds me of lady and the tramp, I love the film and I hope my date turns out like there's all romantic and stuffs ;;)
  • @rawksy I hope so too lol good luck have fun n don't stress about it to much ;)
  • I agree I think everyone likes spaghetti.
    The shower curtain will surely get his attention. Go with the purple dress. Is this an offical date or a friendly date?
  • @menemami it's an official date lol, x
  • Yummy spagetti,meatballs,cheesecake that sounds so good! He is a lucky guy. Well if that's all you have I would say dress. And I hope you have a fun night!
  • @cfa thank you and I guess that's everything sorted, now to cook up a feast. We are also gunna watch knocked up via I thing it's a funny film and he has never seen it. Ekk I'm so excited. He is getting here for 6 so I best start cooking. Cheesecake is setting in the fridge already waiting for me to put some toffee on it and sprinkle a bit of fudge on. Then I shall be drizzling some White chocolate over it. (I love my nan for showing me how to do this <3 ) so off to start preparing meatballs, the sauce and stuff and to make the garlic bread too.

Damn I hope I don't eat it all before he gets here...
  • Do you have a pretty sundress? Also, maybe go with an alfredo sauce or a vodka sauce with fresh parsley for the spaghetti with some garlic bread?
  • @blueberrysmom mmm...vodka, I don't have any in the house though. I just moved here and being pregnant I didn't feel the need for any. The purple on is a flowing type one, I'd say it's a sundress. What's Alfredo sauce? I'm listening :) x
  • @blueberrysmom thank you, I think I will need to perfect it first before I try it but will deffo be used for our next date (that's how confident I am hehe) x
  • You should be confident! Go 'head wit yo bad self! :ar!
  • Zesty italian chicken easy to make. I usually serve with mash tater, green beans. You can serve with anything your heart desire I just like using the leftover dressing for my mash taters kinda of like a gravy
    One bottle of zesty italian dressing
    Boneless Chicken tenders or breast.
    Clean the chicken cut if needed.
    Then get casseroledish put the chicken in the dish.
    Pour the whole or half bottle of dressing over the chicken make sure it covered really good.
    Let it cook at 350 for a hour or so i usually temp to make sure it done .
    Then I pan fry them to make look darker.
    Save the dressing it make a good thing to pour over your chicken or whatever gives it extra flavor.