AUGUST BABY N NEED HELP PLZ

edited February 2011 in UK
Hi me and my partner are on benefits at the mo and just moved to new home. Baby due begining of august. We realy need to knw where we can get things for cheap as we are struglin at min n we realy want to be ready for wen he/she arrives :) x

Comments

• Try Craigslist or I've had friends get lots if baby stuff and luck at garage sales; books, crib, clothes - hardly worn bc they grow so fast. Good luck!,
  • Also some councils hav a second hand furniture. Charity where u can get free stuff.check ur council out
  • I bought a ton of things for my daughter off Craigslist. Everything we bought looks brand new. People that are done having kids want to get rid of all their baby stuff cheap.
  • also a great store called Once Upon a Child is also great if u got it near u!! its where mothers bring in thier gently used iteams! and craigslist....
  • Defiantly craigslist. you could even put a post on there in the baby stuff section saying you need stuff. Where are you located?
  • Sorry not defiantly, definitely I can't spell pregnant
  • when I'm pregnant maybe I should go to bed
  • Yeah craigslist is a great place also mom 2 mom sales. Where r u located
  • Craigslist is great because you can post that you are looking for an item and people are constantly listing new items.

Any second hand store (Salvation army, Juibliee ect. depends on what you have around you) found a beautyful 5 piece set for her room for only $100, it didn't have a crib and you can tell in spots that it is second hand but it will work until she is a teen so we got our monies worth. Garage sales are great as well, and you are due right as they will be going full swing so the timing is good.

You can also register at some stores, I know Babies R us, Burlinton, and Target will send out notices when they have sales and send you coupons some of the ones we got were 10 - 20% off an entire purchase. Not a huge savings but extra money is extra money. Alot of the coupons they sent were for diapers, only a few dollars off here and there but once again money off is still money in our pockets.
  • Resale stores are awesome. They generally only sell like new stuff.
  • If you're in the UK try gumtree. People often sell things or even give away stuff on it. Good luck.
  • If your in the UK try freecycle.It's a trading forum in local areas. Everything is free and you can post for wanted items.