Attn: Doppler owners: Does it irritate baby?

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
So...occasionally I listen to my LO with the fetal doppler. I don't think he like it because" swims" away from it (I can hear the heartbeat move from one location to another) AND while he's only 5 mos, he kicks me hard enough where I can see it! (It doesn't feel too hard, but he is clearly wanting to kick the doppler away. Lol) or maybe its all in my head?

Comments

• No i have the same problem with my little girl! its quite funny as she has a right paddy over it lol. i think its the pressure. when i have it done at the midwife she does it with er as well.. i wouldnt worry about it. its no difference to poking and prodding them lol
  • edited May 2011
    I researched before I got one. The only thing i could find was about ppl who do it every day a few times a day, there are supposedly cases where it damaged their hearing, but as for them noticing it, idk. Mine does the more/harder I poke (swims away that is), but if I find my little girl and just do it lightly she'll just kick lightly at it, like its fun to her. she'll spin around and all but stays there until I push at her. She doesn't like to be squished!!!
  • I don't really push in. Just kind of "slide" it over my belly to find the HB. So....I don't think it's the pressure for my little DJ :-) I think somehow he can sense it. Weird, I know. But I don't think he likes it because he doesn't want to stay in once place. And say, I don't feel him moving before I use the doppler, after, he's super active. :-) <3