weight gain...starting to get worried :(

edited May 2011 in October 2011
I'm 17w4d. I just started gaining weight over the past couple weeks and I'm up 4.8 lbs from my pre pregnancy weight. I gained 47 lbs with my daughter, plus I had hypertension that caused me to swell really bad. I really don't want to gain like I did with her.

By 18 weeks, I had already gained 16 lbs with my daughter, so I think I'm doing ok...but, am I? How much weight gain is normal at this point? How much have you gained at this point? My doc never says anything about my weight.

I exercise every day for about 40 mins and try to eat as best I can. I try to limit sodium, eat high protein, plenty of fruits and veggies, and tons of water. Any other tips?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I am 20 w 1 d. I gained no weight until 17 weeks and gained 20 lbs since. Dr said im right on track and that I didn't gain weight in the begining. Watch your salt intake and eat healthy. Weight gain is normal pregnancy dieting isn't. Good luck
  • @homebirthadvocate
    I'm trying so hard to make healthy choices (most of the time) and to make time for exercise every day. I guess I was just hoping to hold off on my weight gain until later in the second trimester. I did reach my goal of not gaining in the first trimester as I gained 12 lbs in the first trimester with my daughter. Maybe I'm being too paranoid :/ I just hated being so swollen, uncomfortable, and having trouble breathing last time. It was awful. I had pitting edema by 17 weeks last time. So far none this time around...yet :)