baby gender

edited February 2011 in Babies
Hey ladies, this is my first pregnancy & I was wondering if there's any way to tell what the baby's gender is?

Comments

• Only from an ultrasound
  • There are LOTS of myths and "old wives tales" of gender prediction, but as mentioned above, your 20 week (or thereabouts) ultrasound is the only for sure way to know. The waiting seems to take FOREVER, I know! :)
    Some of the "tests" are licking a penny - if it sticks to the wall, it's supposed to be a girl, if it falls off the wall, it's a boy. I couldn't bring myself to try it.
    The Chinese Lunar Calendar - Google it to find a chart. It's based off your age and the month in which you conceived.
    The ring test - you tie a ring to a string and dangle it directly over your belly while holding very still. If the ring moves in a circular motion, it's a girl. If it begins to swing left to right, it's a boy. This one turned out to be correct for my sister.
    Do any of these actually work? Well, they can be fun, but I don't put stock into anything other than the ultrasound. There's a 50/50 chance these "tests" will be correct, anyway. I could tell you to look at the sky at 11am on your 90th day of pregnancy, & if there's a lot of clouds, it's a boy, if there isn't, it's a girl - and I have a 50/50 chance of being correct. LOL! I personally did look up the Chinese Lunar Calendar, and it said I would be having a girl, and I just found out I am. But I had also looked up my cousin's fiance's conception month and age at the time she had her baby last year, and it said she was having a boy, when she actually had a girl.
  • @ artistmamma- thanks I'm just so anxious to find out what it is. I still got a while to go I'm only 11 weeks & really excited. My boyfriend wants a boy..like every man.lol & I want a girl :)
  • I found out I was having a boy at 17 weeks. My husband and I were so excited.
  • Congrats! I'm hoping for a girl ;)