high protein levels

edited February 2011 in Second Trimester
I went to the doctor yesterday and they told me my protein levels in my urine were high. I have to go back next wk to get them checked again and worried they will stay the same. Has anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• My mom had preclampsia/toxemia when I was born which is kinda a blood pressure disorder during pregnancy usually w/ first but so thats something I worry about cuz high protien can be a sign of it. But it can also be nothing.
  • Yes I have. Did they say anything about preeclampsia?
  • I went to the dr last month and had high protein levels, drank a LOT of water in the office, and they tested me again before i left, levels were normal. Try drinking two glasses of water about an hour before your next appt, see if it helps. Good luck!
  • If they suspect preeclampsia they'll most likely give you a 24hr urine test.
  • Well they didn't mention prewclampsia but i am worried about that. She said that if they did not go down nxt time I go in they will do the 24 hr test...is there anything else i can do besides drinking water to lower this?
  • No it just happens. Water will not cure it. The only way to get rid of it is to have the baby. It is manageable though. I had it with my daughter and was put on bedrest the last 2 months. I'm showing signs of it again so my doc is keeping a close eye on me.
  • Ok i'm just a little worried because one of my aunts had it with her last 2 preganancies and she had to deliver early...i just wanted to make sure it won't get in the way of doing my normal activities this early on
  • My doctor has me doing less and I take my blood pressure every day. I'm 23 weeks. With my daughter I was on strict bedrest and delivered 11 days early. I'm glad I have my husband and mom to help me.
  • Well i hope mine doesnt get too serious because im in school full time and wrk part time...i can deal with not wrking for a while but school will be hard to get out of
  • Whatever's best for baby. I would do whatevet your doctor says.