Hood ring, need it out!

edited May 2011 in Giving birth
So along time ago in my young & gunn twenties, I got my hood pierced just to do something different. Well I'm 28 wks now, and nervous. I have tried to take it out before but don't know how! Does anyone know how to take this out? My baby's father and I are no longer together so I can't ask him & I am embarrassed to say something to my doctor. They told me I needed to take it out, but I haven't told them I don't know how. Help! !

Comments

• Go to a percier, they will know :)
  • you could always call up a peircing place. it depends on what type of jewellery you have as to how to remove it. generally if its a ring with a little ball the ball will just pop out but you need a bit of force behind it
  • Definitely call a piercing place and don't try to do it yourself. I am guessing you can't really see the area anymore as you are 28 weeks but that whole area "down river" gets SWOLLEN when you are in labor and you don't want to get an infection. Good luck hun!
  • Sounds crazy but I used a small pair of scissors stuck them closed into the hoop and slowly opened them. Workd great no pain no worries. Good luck
  • Any tattoo shop is used to ppl coming in and asking to take stuff out!!! Just go in and theyll gladly do it for you:)
  • I've been wondering if I need to remove mine. I have a vertical hood with the bar bell ring? Also I was thinking about changing it to the plastic ones people use as belly rings when pregnant bcuz I don't want it too close? Anyone know?
  • I wouldn't be embarassed asking the nurse or doc..they have the knowledge and tools to do it. :) plus they asked u to take it out.
  • My cuz was told to take hers out, just incase it flipped the wrong way but she ended up not taking it out, I guess it depends on the dr
  • @vlynn15 I have the same style of piercing vertical with a barbell, I tried to take it out but no luck. I figure I will have to go to a piercer, but was trying to avoid that awkwardness at 7 months pregnant if at all possible
  • I hope I don't have to take mine out :( I'll put a plastic extended one if I have too. I would go to a piercer :)
  • i dont wanna take mine out :'( what kind do you have? is it the weird belly button ring one? or is it just like a little hoopy thing? im not sure what other kinds there are, but like with mine you just twist off the balls and very gently pull it out like you would a gauged hoop earring.
  • Being a professional body piercer for 7years, trust me not only do we have all the tools and know what to do with them and how to take your piercing out painlessly, were also not nearly as wierded out as you are. For me its just another day. I mean why else would I have made that my career if it wasn't something I was prepared or comfortable seeing :).

Also being 8months preg I can not see my vajay so you really don't want to risk tearing it :/. Ooh and you def have to take it out while your in the hosp giving birth plastic or not.
  • ouch!!!!!!! you are some brave ladies!!!!! I don't even use certain towel brands down there because of pain i can only imagine getting it pierced! woooo my skins crawling! that has to be extremely painful! ever get caught in panties
  • Super suprised to see all these ladies with gential peircings. How cool though! Here I thought I was a bad ass with my tattoos and odd cartiledge peircing.