Last name undecided need help

The father hasnt helped with the pregnancy. We were together split after found out I was pregnant. Should I give the baby his last name or mine? I know I probably sound stupid but its just driving me crazy on what to do

Comments

• If you guys are still together, I'd give the baby his last name. If you aren't and you will have custody most of the time, I'd give it yours. It just makes things easier if you both have the same last name.
  • Thank you. Not together I know thats for the best for my son and I.
  • Deff give your last name theres no need for his if as soon as u found out he split
  • Yours!
  • My bd wants me to abort, im 15weeks today and he still begs me to do it!! So my kid is getting my last name. He isn't helping and we aren't together. So yours! Not his. Some women will disagree but why give your kid the bds last name if he's not helping or anything?
  • I have the same problem:( im not with him hardly talk but I dont want to have his wholr fam against me:( its.sad because he doesnt care now what makes me feel like he will care later. Does that effect child support though?
  • Defintily yours. Honestly, the only situation I would give the father last name to baby is if I were engaged/married to him, which I am so I will be doing. But if you don't think this person is going to be in your life permanently and you will be primary care-taker I think it makes more sense for baby to have your last name.
  • I have the same problem. I am not giving the baby his last name nor putting him on the birth certificate. I am getting a paternity test for him to put the baby on tricare and child support tho. I don't think it effects. Child support if you have a positive paternity test. Hang in there mama. I keep hoping my bd goes away for good.
  • edited May 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.