group b

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
Has anyone had this and what was the outcome? Did your baby get ill?

Comments

• edited May 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yeah they treat it in an iv. While in labor but I was just wondering if anyone went through this and had a healthy baby
  • Yes, I had it and had my baby on May 10th and she is thriving and healthy and actually very good! She sleeps 3 hours at a time through the night and hardly fussed. She is amazing! I wouldn't worrt about them getting sick or being born unhealthy, they treat it during labor (as you stated) so that they don't get sick.
  • They'll test you around 35wks & if its positive, you'll get an IV of antibiotics during labor. If you go into labor before they get you tested, they will most likely give you the antibiotics to be safe. With the meds, the chances of infecting your newborn are extremely low. Good luck :)
  • i had it with both my children and they came out fine. My first I didnt even get the antibiotics because she came out so quick my midwive didnt do it fast enough. and my daughter was fine :) as long as you get the antibiotics you should have nothing to worry about :)
  • @BkE913 and @Kalikojenie thank you that makes me feel better they didn't make a big deal about it and didn't really explain anything except that I would get treated during labor

@vette_devil I'm 36w 5d and I was tested positive for it and it had me worried cus I read about it and it said your baby could get ill and it brought up still born and all that so I was extremely worried
  • You'll be fine... I would just remind the nursing staff when you get checked in at L & D when it's time to make sure you get the IV meds on time. Good luck & try not to stress about it; the risk of infection once you get the IV is very low. :)