CAN YOU HEAR ME???

edited February 2011 in Second Trimester
Just wondering when the baby can actually hear?

Comments

• My books all said by 20 weeks for sure, maybe 16 but for sure by 20. I'm 24 weeks and for the past 2 weeks when I have my ipod on my baby moves more :) its awesome!
  • Awwww.. that's so exciting!!! Im 15 weeks, so I guess I stil have some time left..lol its going by sooo fast though!!
  • I'm 19 weeks and baby started reacting to sound last week. She loves Deftones! Lol
  • It does and doesn't go by fast! I was felt like week 20+ couldn't come soon enough now I time is flying and its crazy! I play the MichaelJackson Wii dancing game and my baby always is active kicks after
  • I read in my baby book that new resurch shows that babys can hear the mothers voice at 16 weeks and surounding sounds at 20-22 weeks. The mothers voice chanels through their body so that's why the baby hears it first and early.
  • I used to play the same song at the same time each night after a bath from 16wk onwards whilst pregnant with my first two. Relaxed them and seemed to settle/send them to sleep. Carried on after they were born and it worked wonders!! Would recommend talking to baby. Mine are now 9 and 7 and they still like to hear it every now and then when restless. Sets a routine early! Glad I did. I'm feeling older and a lil less energetic now (although only 29!) and planning to do the same with this lil one from 16wks too.
  • Wow!! Thats so amazing!!
  • At about 22 wks or 23 we were listening to the babys heart eat on the fetal doplar and everytime my hubby would talk to baby max the hr would go up and when he's stop it'd go back down to were it was. It was kinda neat lol everyone kept saying he's a daddy boy already!
  • :-) that's so sweet. Gonna try that one. Be interesting to see how it reacts to the other two kids voices too. X
  • Babies actually start hearing outside noises in their 28th week....they are able to hear in weeks 21-22, but they cant actually hear you talking to them or anything until later.
  • But I heard from my doc that the baby can hear your voice at 18 weeks because our voice travels inside our bodies as well. Lol who knows....
  • Play classical music on ur belly I heard it helps their brain development
  • The baby can hear YOUR voice specifically, just like s/he can hear your heartbeat.....it's because you are the one carrying the child.....any other noises (music, daddy's voice, traffic as you walk down the street) isn't heard by your little bundle of joy until 28 weeks.....sorry, needed clarification :)
  • I was wondering about this too ,also bc we have friends and my father in law in bands we love to go see and support. I was worried how loud is too loud. Pretty much safe to say that its still okay for me to go and rock out! ( only instead of my usual long islands I'll have to sub with soda water!)
  • i looked it up again....it's disputed between sources but ur voice is the first thing the little one can hear......everything else isn't until later....it all depends on the development of the baby
  • Lol ahhhh...I see..yeah my husband and I went to a restaurant that played salsa/merengue and while I know my babe can't hear just yet, I know they can feel the vibration of the music..lol I wonder if they liked it!?
  • I am barely 13w5d so far with my first baby. At first, because it was an unplanned pregnancy I had doubts about keeping my him/her, but I realized that assuming this responsibility was the right thing to do. I know my baby doesn't lo technicaly "hear" me now but I have apologized out loud for neglecting him/her at the beginning and have continued talking to him every day since then. I feel as if it helps me get used to bonding with him since it's my first pregnancy and I'm not used to this lol. If you want to talk to your baby already, I say you just do it :) it's good practice for you too hehehe

Sending blessings your way xo
  • My what to expect app says 17 week