my hubbie....

Doesn't want me to breast feed cuz the only pump I want it like 300 and he thinks that's too much to spend on a pump, lol I think its funny cuz to buy the pump is cheaper then formula in the long run

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I hear some states, wic will give/loan you one. My husband wants me to bf since I didn't do it with my first til I told him about breast deflation and nipples cracking and bleeding. Now he thinks its so gross, but now I'm up for it. Haha
  • I can't do wic we make too much they denined me when I tryed last time, but the fact we can afored to buy the pump is what's so funny not lik we can't he just rather it go into out savings he said ifmy son latchs then maybe I can get it... he's so thoughtful lmao
  • I had one on loan from wic with my first son. It was a really nice double pump with new parts/bottles/etc. And free! To qualify you just have to be returning to work and then you sign a paper to get it.
  • If you're not against it, find a used one on Craigslist, you just have to buy all your spare parts and just mainly buy it just for the motor.
  • Where I am if you have medicaid you can have your doctor write you a perscription for one and you go to medical supply drug stores like kohls and rent it. You can keep it for up to a year.
  • i'm with @jcmommy craigslist,amazon,ebay. You can get medela brand ones and just buy the extra I believe the replacement kits run around $50 but they're sanitary for more than one user. Same thing wic does, hospital grade pumps are safe to reuse.
  • You can rent them from hospitals sometimes. That could be a good option.
  • I got a used medela pump on ebay for $75! They are the best on the market and although it is used it is in excellent condition....Seriously check ebay! :)
  • Yeah I was looking on ebay and found a new one for 299 cuz they rnormaly 379, but I think ill wait to get one till after he's here mae sure he even latches.
  • Wal mart has a $60 one that has good reviews.. maybe $70 or $79 i dont remember. lol
  • edited May 2011
    I had a Medela. Get a used one and then when you have your baby ask one of the nurses if you could have the parts you need like the tubing bottles etc. They are usually pretty good about just giving those to you for free because most of the nurses in the maternity ward encourage breast feeding
  • Why doesn't he want you to breastfeed? @wiseccourt
  • Lol I guess cuz the pump I want is so much and he says there his boobie hedoesnt want to share lol @excitedforbaby
  • my hubby said i cant breast feed cuz my boobs belong to him haha. hes crazy because i am not buying formula. wayyy to expensive!
  • My pump was only like $70
  • Really? @wiseccourt wow.ok.lol
  • Yeah I don't know if he was seriouse or just joking but I think its the funnyest thing ever lol