Knots Around Incision????? HELP!!!

edited May 2011 in Health
I had a repeat c-section almost 4 weeks ago, well today I noticed on my right side that about an inch of my incision is sticking out farther than the rest & on my left side there are 2 little knots probably bead size, & the left side is draining very little but my right side kind of hurts a little kind of like when you pull a muscle...my incision itself is red, no where around it though just where the Dr cut. Has this happened to any one else? If so what was your outcome? Thanks ladies!

Comments

• What stitches did you have?
  • I had a c section with my first and my incision did the same thing. It was "lumpy" for s couple months. My doc said it was the scar tissue forming. I did not have any drainage after 4 days from my daughters birth, but it was pink/red for a week and a half. I did have a wound infection the day after the section and they started me on antibiotics.

I still feel a lump (one, continuous) across the line 15 months later, but its not visible now. Just call your doc to make sure its nothing serious.
  • I had the same problem. Mine drained for a couple weeks. Doctor didn't have any concerns about it, as long as it doesn't get BRIGHT red and feel hot to the touch.
  • @Littlenat86 they told me I have both dissolveable stitches & staples I had butterfly stitches on the outside but those are already gone.

@soon2bmomof2under2 I was trying to look it up on the internet & a lot of places said that it was scar tissue forming, I just didn't know with my first c-section nothing like this happened could you get knots if you do to much?

@prettymommy86 oh no its closer to a pink than a red, I'm scared to death if it is an infection I have way to much to do to be put back into the hospital.
  • @Momofthree if it's really bugging you, call your doc and explain. They will probably tell you some warning signs to watch out for, but seeing as how I see you have other children and I'm sure you're very active and busy, it's going to be a little more irritated than before when you didn't have to run after other children lol. That's what I was told anyway, I had a 20 month old at the time.
  • I'm not sure that it's actual knots, like muscle knots, it's probably scar tissue. But, over working yourself could certainly irritate your incision causing even more scaring. I would just take it easy and still call your doc just to be safe.
  • @prettymommy86 oh yeah my stepson has been in since I had him so I've been a lot more active...:)

@soon2bmomof2under2 I go see my Dr in a few weeks I sure hope that's all it is I mean its not hot or bright red.

Thanks Ladies!
  • I had a little knot like lump in mine it was really small and I had dissovable stitches. The doc said sometimes they can take a little longer to dissolve and they stick up bit it went in a few months. I would keep an eye on it, better to get an infection diagnosed early than leave it and end up in hospital! Hope all is well x
  • I have only had one c-section, but I have a raised incision (mine blew open from other health problems) but the incision is hard, numb, but around it is sore. I had it almost 2yrs ago. I would guess since its a repeat one that its even more scar tissue building up.
  • The more c-sections you get the "harder" and "lumpier" the scare is. I've had two, but otuside was cut both ways. where the two scars intersect though is a hard bump, and dr said it's scare tissue that will never go away. It sometimes gets irritated. If its red, hot, or really uncomfortable I would call dr. Otherwise just take it easy. It might just stay bumoy, I know mine has, and my c-sections were 12 and 9 yrs ago.