Vasectomy!!!

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
So we have finally made a decision!! My fiance is going to have a vasectomy before this baby is born. (78 days to go!!) We have a daughter and our son will be here soon. I was going to get my tubes tied but after talking with our doctors we have come to the conclusion it would be easier on him if he did it rather than me! I am so relieved i was a little scared. Has anyone else decided on sterilization after this baby?

Comments

• This one will be our 3rd so we are strongly considering either getting my tubes tied or a vasectomy for my hubby. He doesnt want anything done to himself, so not sure if I can persuade him. I told him I was going to wait til I was done nursing before I would get anything done. Let's just hope we don't get a surprise #4 while we decide what to do.
  • My fiance is supposed to get a vasectomy before the baby comes also.
  • @jbandno3 that is how I ended up pregnant with number 4.
  • i want my husband 2 but he wont maybe a dr could convinve him, 2 much for my body 2 go through i had the 3 kids im sure the day surgery wouldnt hurt him. hes worried about a,loss of man hood
  • @mom60511 I have informed hubby that he better get something done if he doesn't want anymore, that is how #3 came about because he refused to get anything done. I don't want to be away from baby while nursing so that's why I am going to wait til I'm done.
  • Baby #4 was a surprise and just before we found out he was coming hubby was going to go in and have it done. I guess he figured he had some time but now is time is running out 94 days! (I think). He says he'd rather him get it done over me
  • My husband wanted it after baby #1, but I told him no. Now that baby #2 is almost here, he sort of pushes that we shouldn't have more kids. But we have 2 sons and I really want a girl. But I don't wanna keep trying so I'm going to do bc for 2 yrs then if not he's gonna get snipped. Better him then me. Haha
  • My husband is also getting a visectomy after this one. We have a 2 year old and another boy arriving next week. He only wanted one child but we are blessed with two.
  • Glad im not alone!! I am so relieved he has agreed we both know we are done. He has two other girls from a previous marriage and I am completely happy with one boy and one girl!!
  • We are pregnant with our first and even before we got pregnant we talked about him getting a vasectomy at some point so that I didnt have to get surgery or take bc forever. I am not sure how many more children we want yet but the vasectomy will definitely happen.
  • I thought he was gonna for sure say no you do it but since we talked and he heard how much more difficult it is for woman he agreed.. I knew i loved him for a reason!!!
  • I am getting my tubes tied and my husband is getting a vasectomy.
  • well that will definatly work!!! I was worried about the vasectomy lol my fiances little swimmers seem to be very strong!!