Siblings with similar names?

edited May 2011 in Baby names
What are your thoughts on siblings with similar names? Is there an issue getting them mixed up? Would they not like it? I have a 3yr old named Wylie and have considered the name Kylie for this one. Any thoughts? Are they too similar, Wylie and Kylie??

Comments

• I think its not too bad, you can always give them nicknames. Its not as bad as one girl I knew named her some Lincoln and her daughter Penny. And she supposedly didn't know that Lincoln is on the penny lol
  • Well my sons name is MarShawn...n if I have another boy I plan to name him KeShawn...so In my opinion..NO that's cute :)
  • My name is Melinda, sister is Lorinda and our nicknames are Mindy and Lindy. My sister katie was always jealous callin herself kerlindy haha poor girl. But it didnt bother either of us at all :)
  • I try to keep my girls names as different as possible. The exception is that I want all of them to share the same middle initial. No matter what you name them you will mix them up. I've been doing that a lot lately!
  • I have Bronwyn and Bronsyn.. I get tounge tied sometimes
  • lol all my brothers n sisters have similar names here it goes....

me sophoeun
    sister sophal
    brother socheat
    sister sopheak
    sister sophea
    sister sophin
    brother socheatra.

• im naming my daughter Nyla n I want to name my second daughter Nylani
  • I have a
    Megan
    Jaiden
    Ryan
  • In my family theres my older brother Kelly , Then I Kendra an my twin Kyle and Kevin. In my friends family theres a Kaileb, Kody, Kennedy, Keaton an a Kendall. I think Kylie an Wylie are cute
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have a morgan, meagan and murphy is on his way...i think its cute to have them coordinate
  • Mine are Ashley and Sarah. I call then the wrong name all the time. So it doesn't matter for me.....:) my parents mixed up my name and I was an only child. It runs in my family.
    If you like them then go for it!
  • My sister & i have similar names i think our names are corny now lol but its my identity so hey.. we have the same initials DVH which is tradition in my family... my name is Doshaun Vanita & hers is Donita Vashaun yes they rhym lol but do wat u want there ur kids
  • I agree with @2girls1boy that it is cute to coordinate names....but I think that Wylie and Kylie is really pushing it?? Sorry :( I just don't like it :( Only changing one letter?? I don't know. But if you love it I say go for it :)
  • My brother name is jimmy and sister name is Jenney and my son name is Jaden. My mom gets them all mixed up quite often. Just cause of the J. I do also call my brother my sons name. I wanted the name jaxon this time but I didn't wanna mix them up so Logan, it is.
  • My best friend's sister has a husband named Keevan. They have 4 sons: Kevin, Kevon, Kayvin, and Kyven. I think those are cute names. Those are YOUR babies, so if you love their names then that's all that matters. :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @baileygoose I appreciate your honesty. How interesting to read all of the names! People really do like to coordinate lol!
  • @mama_kat I've even been called the dogs name before. Now I get called my aunt or my girls...:)