Hubby left 2 report 2 new duty station :(

edited May 2011 in Military moms
My hubby had 2 leav a few days ago bcuz he got stationed in Alaska. I'm 2 far along 2 travel that far n then he deploys. He wnt meet our babyboy till he comes home 4 R&R. I'm so emotional n hav been cryin since he left. I dno wat 2 do 2 keep myself calm. Ugh... the military life.

Comments

• Aww I'm sorry...I understand my husband is in the military too...its almost one of those things u have to get use too...its our life...try to turn to ur family and friends the most and find friends if u don't have already that are military spouses...they help alot and it will make time go by faster...just know that u are not alone....msg me if u need to talk
  • aww this brought tears to my eyes because i wont get to go with my man to his duty station until a couple months later & it feels like we been apart for months already since he had bct than ait right after. hes been gone since january and hes all the way in va & im in california. i meet tons of army wives & girlfriends who do make the process go by easier because they relate to your situation. also i kept a journal & wrote down everything i was going through and little letters to him so he could read them later on. i still cry hard every night because hes gone & i know when my daughter arrives im probably going to cry even more cuz he wont be around again. army life is really a hard interesting way of living. i still need to get used to it! were all here for you though dont forget that!!!
  • @christineohhh it is a hard way of life n tell u wat, I been dealin wit it for 3 yrs n it doesn't seem 2 get ne easier wen he has 2 leav. This time has proved 2 be the most difficult tho. Goodness, I kno exactly how u feel wen it comes 2 givin birth... I'm gna ball my eyes out n I kno it. I try n keep a journal but then I start goin down memory lane n I cry again. I'm such a mess.
    Wen r u due??
  • Surround yourself with family and friends. My hubby was gone (Germany, not deployed though) when our daughter was born and didnt meet her till 5 months old. I told his boss (here) that If he sent him away this time I was gonna knock him out!! LOL... He just laughed... Military life is hard, theres just no getting around it.
  • @ladistacks aww same here. everytime i write or go back and read his letters he wrote me i cry like a baby. its hard. hes the only person i talk to about everything. after i got pregnant seems like most of my "real" friends turned their back on me. i happy pregly's here though or id probably be crazy by now lol. im due august 9th and he has to be at his duty station july 28th so if i dont have her before then, hes going to miss it all.
  • @ladistacks & @christineohhh maybe we all can keep in touch and be there for one another. My husband just left Friday for his first deployment and I still haven't heard from him yet and its driving me crazy!!!! Our relationship is different b/c we are stationed in 2 seperate states and I'm 25wks pregnant with our first baby and there's a 50/50 chance he'll miss out on the birth. I started writing in a journal and sending him emails to cope with the fact he's gone. The hardest thing right now is that no one knows how long he's gonna be deployed! But I'm here for you mamas.
  • @miaradavis aww i haven't gone through the whole deployment yet but i know that must be hard. i hear about it all the time. i try to talk to my man about it but he said he rather not talk about it until the time comes but still i have tons of questions. i keep my pregly open & i have the app on my phone so i check my messages all the time. of coarse we can all keep in touch i would love that!! its bitter sweet because i dont like seeing anyone let alone myself sad & lonely but its nice to know i have mothers like you all to go to for advice & just someone to talk to whose going through similiar situations.