military mommies

edited February 2011 in Military moms
I'm now 29 weeks pregnant and am dreading going through birth alone....my husband is deployed right now and has missed my entire pregnancy and will miss the first 6 months of our daughters life....if there is any military moms on here are your husbands away?? Or home?? How are you dealing with it all??

Comments

• I'm also a military wife and only 11 weeks pregnant but my husband is stationed in japan while I live alone in oregon..I don't think there is an exact way to deal with the distance its part of our duties to support each other when missing our husbands. I deal by keeping myself entertained.. when I start to feel down I put his sweats or shirt on or spray his cologne to remind myself of him. Just know you are never alone darling. You have us ladies here for support anytime :) god bless you and your husband. Stay strong!
  • My hubby is currently home. THANK GOD!!!! due to his MOS the earliest he will have to go off to sea is about a year to a year and a half.
  • Mine has been in the military for 7 years with my first daughter he missed her. Birth and 7 months after words with this pne he will be home. Thankfully they are trying to deploy hin though
  • We just got married in november when he came home on leave before deployment....he got transferred to germany in august and left a week after I found out I was pregnant then got shipped off to afghan in december.....this is his second deployment but or first together...my ex before him got deployed while we were together but it was never as hard as this deployment....I'm moving away from all my friends in a few weeks so when I go into labor I'm not gonna have many people there...just my mom and aunt and 6 yr old little brother....since my dad and 10 yr old brother refuse to even sit in the waiting room while I'm having the baby
  • I'm scared to go through child birth with out him....I've had a hard time during my pregnancy and lots of complications....
  • Awh. It will be okay. There's no way to deal with it. Sadly you eventually get use to it. But phone calls emails skype dates and all that mess make it somewhat easier. The furst deployment is always the hardest. Just try to focus on how happy you'll be when he comes home
  • My husbAnd is a marine and I'm due in July. He might be in training then. He is getting deployed in December. We also have a 15 month old little boy. I'm kinda Freaking out too.:(
  • @awhaley28540..I'm in jacksonville too. My husband deploys in June/July. I have a 2 yr old boy.
  • Its just hard on me right now....things between us seem to be getting weird the further into the deployment we get
  • Awe yay!!!! For you being in j ville. boo for hubby getting deployed. How long u been here. What unit? I hate it here
  • Hate it to! Been here almost 3 yrs. My hubby works on the air station
  • Oh ok. I'm like half a mile down the road from there. Beacham apts.
  • Oh. I live down 17s off Dawsons cabin
  • is ur hubby on the air station also?
  • No. He is at lejuene. But these apts are cheap. Lol
  • Oh ok. That's cool your so close. I don't know many people(wives) around here. How old are u?
  • I'm 20. Will be 21 in may. Me either. Just my neogjbors.
  • Everyone here is so young...I'm feel old.
  • Don't feel old....I have a few friends out there from my ex fiance that I had before my husband....internet you make wonderful friends when it comes to deployments and stuff
  • Yea. Most of my husbands friends wives are younger, no kids...I'm 28 with a 2 yr and ttc...not much in common
  • Age and kid wise....I'm sure there are other things you have in common
  • I guess. We all still get together and have cookouts and have fun.
  • See age is only a number
  • My husband is set to deploy just a couple of weeks after I have baby Juliana
  • My hormones are all out of it
  • My husband is in Qatar, he is supposed to be back in May and I'm due in June. I'm really scared that he won't get to come back in time. This is our first baby also. I'm also really concerned that he is depressed or something, he hardly ever talks when we do get to talk...I don't know if its just me or what :(
  • That's how it is with my husband....things are different now then they were a little bit ago
  • So should he be OK once he gets back and when the baby comes I'm Just extremely worried about him. I tell him about the dr visits and all he says is that's great I mean he makes sure we are ok but he used to be so into it. He was so excited about gettin to go to dr visits with me then he all of a sudden got deployed and I think it bothers him he can't be here
  • Yea that could be what it is....my Hubby is more interested in the baby then me now....won't ask how I am or anything just ask about the baby and doesn't show affection towards me but just the baby I know he us dressed cause things keep coming up from our pasts all of a sudden so we both are stressed