is it true that you show sooner with 2nd baby?

edited January 2011 in Pregnant
I just recently found out that I was pregnant, and now I'm 7 weeks.. I'm a small girl, but for some reason my stomach is starting to get a little pouch. A friend of mine from school said, after your first baby, you will show in your early stages when you're pregnant with your 2nd & so on, because your body has already been stretched before and knows what to do now. Is anyone else experiencing this? And is it true?

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Yes, very true. I am tiny and on my third, im 6 weeks and look like i did at 6 months with my first
  • Haha wow. Are you excited? Congrats btw. Yeah my mom was like are you sure you're seven weeks you look further along. LOL
  • I would def have to agree! I was going through pics from my first and I swear I'm just as big now at 5 wks as I was at 3 months with my first!
  • Yeah its crazy how that is. Just imagine being 8 months ...we're going to be HUGE!
  • Haha I know right?!? I can only imagine :) it will be interesting to compare to the previous pregnancy!!
  • I actually was smaller with my second when I reached term. I stayed active chasing a toddler around! I gained 70 lbs with my first, 30 with my second, and they were the same size!
  • I'm 7 weeks with my 2nd and already can't button my jeans. I gained 50 lbs with my first and almost managed to get it all off before I got pregnant with #2...just 7 lbs to go. Oh well. Im really going to try to not pack it on this time! Hard to belive though that with the baby just the size of an orange seed my jeans won't button!
  • I feel for you greenmama! My jeans aren't exactly fitting very well already :(
  • Oh sooooo true. I'm six months with my second and I look like I did when I was about 8 months lol pains are more intense and come sooner too.
  • Oh yeah! I'm 12 weeks and I am as big as when I was 5 months with my daughter three years ago.
  • Omg I feel like fainting! Lol I feel like this is all new again for me. Its been 6 years n I can imagine the pains that'll come later. Sigh.
  • Oh yes its true,, with my first I didnt show till 6 mo.ths,, then I gained over 100 lbs cus all I wanted was cake,, now im on #2 an started showing at 6 weeks,,, but im not eating cake this time around,,im 15 weeks now an doing really good on weight I hope,i dont look at the scale when I go to the doc ive got a big belly looks like im havin twins but im not,, but im still small like befor
  • so true this is no 3 for me I was showing so early, just cause your muscles arnt back to normal no matter more mummy love lol
  • I'm a petite gal and 3wks into it all my friends was telling me how it looked like I gained some weight and I could be preggo (since they knew we've been trying). Since my period is so irregular, I didn't think nothing of how late I was, but after everyone's comment, I took a test and definitely was. But I didn't start showing til 5 months with my first. I hate how my clothes don't fit.
  • Ya I didn't show much at all till 5 6 months with my first. Was showing by there months with my second. Now on my third and I swear I was showing by 6 weeks. And I gained almost the same amount with my first two. Didn't get it all off before this one.. And it loooks like I may gain a little more. Only by 5 or 10lbs though. But I'm 25 weeks and look like I'm 8 9 months! I'm so ready to be done and in the gym!! Lol
  • I'm on baby#3 and my tummy is huge already.look like I did when I was like 6, months with my first two.cant imagine what the coming months will bring if I'm this big at 11 weeks! Lol