Completely Unprepared

So, i'm set to be induced with my first baby girl this week, probably thursday or friday. I have been planning and buying things since I found out that we were pregnant back in September. However, I can't help but feel completely unprepared. I have taken the birthing classes, prepared the nursery, read every book possible, and still feel like i'm going into this blind.

I'm sure this is something that most if not all first time mother's feel... but im extremely worried that I won't do something right. Like, I won't change the diaper right, or I won't run to her fast enough when she is crying. I'm terrified. Any words of wisdom or any other suggestions that anyone can offer about how to ease my fears a little bit?

Comments

• Relax and breathe. More than 6 and a half billion people have done it and that's not even counting all the folks throughout history. You're probably far more prepared than 97.42% of them. Really, you should be celebrating your awesomeness if you look at it that way! \:D/
  • It's normal just be glad ur not doing it at 15 like I did!! U will be great. I did it at 15 just fine and u will too hun! I never took one class or anything bc I didn't drive and couldn't afford them so good luck u have way more preparations than I did!! Stop worrying now!!!
  • Thanks everyone! I need to stop worrying to control my blood pressure. I can't imagine going through this at 15! You must have to be very strong to do that @hubz1stbaybay. Congratulations everyone on their bundles!
  • Baby won't be damaged from a backwards nappy or crying for an extra minute hunny... they are pretty resilient so there isn't much you can do to bubs that can't be fixed. We learn from our mistakes so don't stress and welcome the challenge, I'm sure you will do great :)