wanting your mom

edited May 2011 in July 2011
So my little guy is almost here and all I can think is the one person I want with me is my mom...but sadly she's the one person I can't have...anyone else going to not have there mom there with them?

Comments

• I'm sorry to hear that
  • why can't you?! if you don't mind me asking
  • My mom refuses to be in the room with me and im only 19 so it really hurts my feelings because ill admitt im still a baby myself.
  • I had to do it without my mom last week too :( it makes me sad.
  • She passed away a few years ago and I know its been awhile but as her only girl and the baby its not really something I've gotten over it was kinda sudden and a huge shock when it happened.
  • Why does she refuse? @Baby_1
  • Sorry.I just now read your comment @Baby_1 I'm sorry.
  • It's pretty crazy you posted this today of all days. I've been doing nothing but weeping over my mom not being here with me. I miss her so much. I don't know if I will ever be the same again. :(
  • @baby_1 I'm so sorry for the pain u feel. I lost my mom a little under a year ago and all I want is her.
  • Yeah its not easy I had my baby shower today and my aunt brought some stuff she had of my moms and now she's on my mind this is the hardest thing about my pregnancy not having her its just not fair.
  • I can relate@baby_1 my mom passed away 7 years ago and I still think of her everyday. I was the only girl and the baby too! This will be her first grandchild and I'm the only one that can have children since my older brother is disabled. Hang in there girlie I know how u feel but your mom is there with u watching over u and her grandchild.
  • Thanks for the kind words @foxymom2be23 I know she's here I can feel her with me and she's always in my dreams
  • I can relate, my mom died 6 years ago and it takes everything in me to not cry every day. Doesn't seem to ever get easier, shes the one person you want around when you're pregnant. Hang in there love
  • No problem@baby_1 my mom has been in my dreams a lot lately too! Just know your not alone hun.
  • @baby_1 I have been feeling the same way lately! I always grew up thinking she would be there during such a special time. I have older friends and a step mom, but it's not the same.
  • @baby_1 Im sorry :( my mom was suposed to be in the room when i gave birth to my son and unexpectedly passed away 3weeks before i gave birth to him..and itt has been eating me up lately thinking that i am about to have a little girl and she wont be here.i cant believe i have made it almost 3yrs without her...my baby shower was last weekend and it was so hard bc my sons babyshower was the last time i got to spend time with her bc she lived 3hrs away...i am here if you need to talk hun
  • Mom my died of pancreatic cancer 10 months before my daughter was born and it sucked not having here there. I ened up having to have a c section and was so out of it I kept asking for her (so my husband says). Just treasure the time you still have with her and that she gets to meet her grandchild.
  • Thanks everyone for the kind words...it means alot!
  • To all the soon to be mommies that have lost their mommies I'm sorry to hear that. I can't imagine the pain and frustration you all must be feeling. Just reading what you guys are saying makes me feel like an idiot because my mom is 1200 miles away and I'm always whining and complaining about her not being here. I could never imagine life without her. So my heart goes out to you all. God Bless!
  • Wow reading this post made me tear, I cant imagine how you guys that lost ur moms feel. Sorry for ur losses. :(
  • Well i lost my mother before my first born. Plz have the childs father to help and witness the birth of the child.
  • My mom is still alive. She just refuses to be a part of my life. It feels like she is gone to ne because sje isn't here for me. I'm sorry to every mama who has lost their mama
  • @sara102011 I'm kinda in the same boat as u.. She's bipolar and its difficult to have a relationship with her bc most of the time she hates me and she refuses to get help or take meds. I haven't spoken to her in years even when we lived in the same house. Sometimes I wish I had a relationship like u ladies have or had with ur mom. But my mom won't be there for my daughters birth like she was for my sons and it kinda sucks.
  • Iam, but just think about it she's always with u
  • It makes feel lucky and honored to know in just a few short 5 weeks I will get to know the joy my mom felt being a mother...I can't wait...for those of u who's mom is still living and she's not there for u its like not having her at all I imagine. I went threw both my father refused to let me see my mom for a really long time said she was bad and did not care about me or my brothers. I know different now I feel like we were really getting to know each other when she was taken away and the women she was living with while she died whom I blame partly for her death moved in with my father right after the funeral...wtf?
  • I'm always thinking after my baby is here wanting my mom here to ask what do I here? whys the baby doing this? But she's been gone for over 10 years, and now I don't even have my dad because he passed in December. So its just me and my boyfriend and I have no clue what I would do without him
  • @ rachdb my moms bipolar too and almost the exact same way!its been really hard for me cause I'm her only child and this is my first baby so its extra special to me. When I called to tell her I found out I was pregnant, she was so happy for us. I let my guard down and was so happy she wanted to be part of the babies life. Then I sent her an invite to the baby shower (my friends are throwing it for us..were doing a coed bbq!), she wrote me the most aweful letter and I had to decide to be done contacting her for good. In the letter she said I was the reason for her manic depression, she hated the name we chose (she said lilly is what women call there vaginas..?), she hated the invitations and was offended that she was invited (of course she was invited, she's the only living grandmother of this child. Shauns mom passed away when he was 18). If you ever want to talk about your crazy mom, I'm here and I understand. Sometimes I feel pretty alone in the bipolar shadow that is heather, but were never really alone :)
    @everyone Anyway..sorry to rant, especially on another persons post. I truely feel saddened for all the soon to be moms who are going at it without there moms. Keep in mind your mommas loved you and they will be watching from heaven :) you have an extra angel on your side!!