florida panhandle or lower Alabama mommys

edited May 2011 in USA moms
Ok so I know there has to be a few of us. Especially with all the military around.

Comments

• Pcola mama here :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited May 2011
    @carryingnumbertwo I work in Pcola@ Sacred Heart. How far along are u?
  • I knew I recognized that beach! :) I'm from pensacola, but I'm in mobile now..
  • @lucy_loo_288 I've become a beach head. I love to spend my weekends there. How long u been in Mobile? It doesn't seem as country as this area
  • I used to live in Ft Walton Beach...i loved it!
  • @armywife3 it's not that bad but I haven't met anyone yet. Well there are alot of SAHM near my daughters school but their clingy. It seems they're not that friendly with working moms. Lol
  • @Carley ... Give it time...i met my best friend there...she was a daycare provider on base and she watched my daughter 8 years ago..her husband got stationed in Japan and we got stationed in NC...after her and her husband split she moved to NC....ironically her hometown is 45min away from me :)
  • I love the beach! It's where I met my husband! I miss it so much :(. We've been in mobile a little more than a year now.. he got a job at the shipyard, so we had to move. It's definatly way different than pensacola. Personally, I prefer pensacola because, even tho its more spread out, it doesn't take long to get from one place to another.. here, there is SOO much traffic it takes forever, lol.
  • I live in niceville!! 5 mins from eglin afb
  • @proudmommy8789Is ur hubby stationed@ Eglin?
  • I'm from pensacola! But I'm not outside much since its killer hot for me.
  • @jcmommy it is hot but I just can't resist the beach. Are u delivering@ Sacred Heart?
  • @carley I've been taking my son to the pool in the afternoons just to get some of his energy out and to give me a break. Haha. Yes, I'm delivering at sacred. I was born there and so was my son, so it was a good choice for me.
  • yeah he is!! we have been here since april of last year
  • I'm born and raised in Pensacola and still here! Will be having my little girl. Sometime in the next two weeks fingers crossed! And I'll be delivering at Sacred Heart. I'm still working in this terribly hot weather ugh! And will be up until the day before my due date.
  • edited June 2011
    @zuccaRegin and @jcmommy I plan to deliver at Eglin but since I'm not planning to stop working until right before due date that may change. I work at Sacred and have a feeling I will go into labor at work.
  • @Carley I had a friend of mine that just delivered out at Eglin. My due date is June 21st and my last day at work is the 19th! I'll more than likely be getting induced the day after my dd if I still haven't had her due to gestational diabetes and the baby measuring quite big already.
  • @Proudmommy8789 ..I used to go to OWC(C) it used to be OWCC...I loved that area it was so nice and peaceful
  • Okaloosa Walton College...it used to be Okaloosa Walton Community College :) @Proudmommy8789
  • Not there now but hubs went to dive school in pcb and I looooved it there I hope to back soon!