Let's make this a collective effort.....

edited May 2011 in Baby names
Ernie and I have gone plain stup*d when deciding on a middle name.

So I need your help ladies! Should we even give her a middle name???? Mia and Isaiah don't have middle names but Ernie and I do. Sh* my whole family does.....

I kind of wanted to incorporate my mom's name somehow but I don't think it flows. Her name is Ana Luz but goes by "Lucy"

Ernie likes Lucy but not Luz. So he keeps saying Abigail Lucy Garcia

I'm open for any name that flows nicely....or even for scratching the whole middle name thing all together! I just don't know ~X(

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I like Abigail Lucy! Plus if your mom goes by Lucy, then by all means use it.
  • I don't really understand why folks have middle names. I don't have one. Of course my first name is plenty... Ka-Msiyara (ka-see-ya-ra the 'M' is silent). I guess they figured a hyphen and a silent letter was all the hassle one little kid needed.
  • I stressed all about middle names this time, and finally just gave into the one my hubby wanted. If you think about it...you're going to put all this effort into making sure a girl name flows and then she'll grow up and get married and she'll have a totally different name for most of her life!
  • I actually have 2 middle names. Morgaine Johanna Ce'Nedra Donohue. But I didnt put that burden on my son, he is just Daniel Wyatt. :)
  • edited May 2011
    @lil_buggie_3 hmmm....I found Dawn. Abigail Dawn sound pretty good. It has ZERO latin flavor to it though LMAO! :)) All that's left is that she marries into a "smith" family!

@blueberrysmom LMAO! I guess so! You can't put too much pressure on kids especially come SAT time....I don't want anything too difficult to bubble in correctly! ;)

@tishj330 Yeah that's what he keeps saying. It just sounds like two names forced together to me though.....I like Lucia too but Lucia and Garcia together sounds like a Dr. Seuss book!
  • @laura586 yeah that's true I'm still trying to get used to being Tania Garcia....sounds weird!

@Captainmorgaine LOL! Thats why I'm thinking of scratching it all together too. Ernie and I both have horrendous middle names
  • My daughters name is Arabella Amanda. Amanda after my mom.
  • There's no bubble for a hyphen. No hyphen on some credit cards and licenses. Don't even get me started about rhyming my name when I was on the cheering squad. All so sad!
  • lol, when I got married, those purses with your last initial on them were trendy and I really wanted one, but I couldn't find a W. My fiancee (now hubby) was like you're changing your last name?! But Laura White sounds so weird! I was like thanks a lot, lol! It took a long time to get used to it.
  • I was gonna say lucia my hubby like that name, but when I said it together I was like ohhh that's not gonna work...lol
  • @blueberrysmom SO SAD!!! You couldn't even play the banana name game?!
  • @twinmamatobe LOL yeah NO! Poor child....I might as well name her Lucia Marsia Garcia! LMAO :))

@praying4our3rd I like Lucinda....hmmmm....I might throw that one at him. He'll prob say it's too long argh :-<
  • My last name is Tijerina, and we are thinking of names and I feel like all names ending with a are too rhymey....
  • Remember middle names are really just so your child knows when they're in big trouble ;)
  • edited May 2011
    @Mrs_shu exactly! How else will she know I'm about to ground her for life ?!!!
  • @booface you and hubby should yell them out to see how the sound lol and if that fails then maybe abby for good times and abigail for big trouble
  • edited May 2011
    No matter what you name her I will always say her name is Abigail Natalia Garcia! :)
  • @blueberrysmom, I'm laughing my a$$off because I feel your pain! I swear this naming thing is so stressful because the poor darlings are stuck with whatever whims the parents fancy. I still roll my eyes at my mom to this very day lol! @booface, lucinda is pretty too. If you decide to leave out the middle name, when your yelling for her under pain of death, make "ABIGAIL!" sound like two words hahaha!!!
  • @newmommy_navywife I like that too...hmmm...let's see what King Tut has to say...

@mshahir LMAO! Close the thread! My search is over!!!!!

@simplyraven yeah....it used to make me think of sesame street or a big fat man....his name is Ernesto but that's just too much for me to handle too! Ugh he's a Jr....so I guess that's why ppl let him slide. That and the fact that he's a big ol' dude LOL!
  • Lol what did king ernie say?! Lol
  • @booface and @newmommy_navywife, I love that name! Hopefully His Majesty will approve lol
  • He better or ernie is gonna get my foot in his ass....lol @tishj330
  • @mshahir I love the name....lol
  • @newmommy_navywife @tishj330
    So, King Tut spoke....."that's cool too" were his exact words :/