how long did u wait??

edited May 2011 in Pregnancy symptoms
When the days get closer to your due date for your period. How long did u wait before testing?? A week? A few days? Or you tested the day of period was due?

I'm about 3days late. My boobs hurt so much. But i don't have morning sickness. I'm just super tired. I haven't taken a test yet. Think I will wait one more week to be sure. I'm just afraid of taking a test and then getting my period the very next day (for the past 8months of trying) I have wasted so much money on all these home preg test that this time I'm not going to buy one lol.. I'm just going to see my doctor.

Comments

• I tested the day before my period was due and got my bfp almost right away. Wishing you luck and sending buckets of fairy dust x
  • I did it 4 days after my missed period, I knew there was something different I was having fainting spells and achey boobs, but didn't get sickness till I was about 6 weeks gone, good luck hun :)
  • edited May 2011
    Me 2.. @misselfae i so took it the day b4 and it was positive! and w/ my last (mc) i took it when I was 2 days late and it was positive and w/ my a wait a wk cus it was my first.
    Go and get a test at the dollar store if you have one so your not wasting a bunch of money
  • I waited 2 weeks but I knew I was pregnant before I did it. My periods were regular n spot on for the first time in my life so when I was late I knew.
  • I tested 10 days after my last ovulation day...just being impatient and got a positive.
  • A week after I missed my period but my boobs were sore so I thought I was defentily prego!
  • @Kshaye I tested 4 days before my missed period, but I had a hunch that I was. Being tired has been one of my 1st symptoms every time I've gotten pregnant. The exhaustion is overwhelming sometimes.
    Honestly, if your cycle is always on time and you're having the symptoms, it might not hurt to pick up a test. As was recommended to me by a nurse once, the more expensive tests tend to pick up the lowest hormone. Even though you are late, you could still get one that boasts about testing up to 5 or 6 days before your missed period...which is what I would do. I've come to appreciate the digital tests as I've had faint positives before. Even if you're not ready, having the test in the house may give you some peace or mind knowing you can take it whenever you feel like it. :) Good luck & baby dust!
  • I was 5 days late. I had a subtle feeling cause I ALWAYS keep track of my periods. I tested on Christmas Eve.
  • I was 3 days late...really tired...lightheaded...and boobs were achy and swollen! My morning sickness didn't hit til 7 weeks...when I tested I was only 3 weeks pregnant! Good luck!!!! >:D<
  • at least 5days later.. you should be able to detect hormones at 3wks preg.. but if you dont test pos.. test again in a week.. unless you get you period of course.. with my second i tested too soon .. and then again a week later and it was positive.. so.. you just have to be patient sometimes
  • I tested about a week after it was due
  • I waited till I was 3 days late and BOOSH insta positive. and don't worry love, I had the same worry that I was going to start my period right after I took the test and it was gonna come out negative. Take it :D take it soooonnnnn! I have a good feeling for you!
  • I tested 3days after, i bought a couple of the dollar store ones so i wasnt wasting to much money on the test if i.did get my period, and when i got a faint line with those i went and got a good one, good luck!
  • 4 days late with first and 3 days late with second, both at night with digital tests and got my pregnant result within 30 seconds! :)
  • I tested the day of expected period. I had one left over from months before. And I got a faint line. Went and bought a new test the next day and got a bfp with those! Good luck, and I hope you get what you want!(:
  • Days before then did it on the day it was due with first response digital
  • I was coming off bc & I kept getting my period every 2 weeks so I waited 2 weeks until it didn't show again & I noticed only light pink spotting & indeed I got knocked up lol
  • 3 weeks! This baby was a total surprise, pill failure. I knew i as soon as af didnt show up on time. I just denied it. we were done having kids.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I didnt test until a month later. I have very irregular cycles so didnt think nothing of it. To my surprise, I was 4 wks along by the time I tested with morning sickness following.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thank you everyone!!!!
  • Ahhh I sure hope this is it lady!!!! :) wait longer... I know it sucks... and then text me with That bfp! Hahaha >:D< lots of prayers and baby dust...
  • Three days before af was due. Got a bfp with clearblue! The reason I tested was cuz my boobs hurt so bad. Lol
  • Hey all... Just and update.. not enough baby dust again. I just took a home test today and it came out neg. Another disappointing month. Now I bet my period will come tomorrow. Never fails.... :(