pedicures? am i hurting my baby?

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
So every week I save 5 dollars out of my check and once about every month and a half I treat myself to a french spa pedicure. It really helps as I have a bad ingrown toenail (sorry if tmi) and since my feet are starting to swell the salts they use to soak my feet feel like heaven :) anyways I'm sitting here now enjoying my little treat to myself and this lady 2 seats down from me saw my bump and told me I am hurting my baby by getting a pedicure! Is this true at all? I wanted to freak on her but she left before I could. Somy question to my preglies is, am I hurting my baby? Or is this lady full of shit?

Comments

• She's crazy....I work in a salon and we have pregnant people in all the time and I get them monthly too! Just make sure where u go sanitizes the tools and tub and u are fine!!!! Enjoy!
  • How would it hurt the baby? Just curious I don't understand
  • I've heard that before but idk I get pedis too but I always see preggos getting them done!!!
  • No! I get one once a month my babies are fine that's just another stupid don't a whatever pregnancy list someone made up Smh [-( get ur pedi and b happy!
  • @augustbaby. The place I go to is very clean. They bleach the tubs between people and u are assigned your own pedi/mani kit and they keep it there for you. They don't share any equipment between customers which I really like.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • How is it hurting your baby? I work at a salon. As long as you have no open sores, the tub and equipment are went sanitize and sterilized, and if the salon is well ventilated if it does acrylic. Other then that, you're good.