post that has nothing to do with pregnancy, doesnt need answers, just want someone to listen!!!

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
why does the cost of living have to be so high here in hawaii!!!! i hate it i was born and raised here and when i left i was able to save money and get on my feet but i come back because my sister has leukemia and my other sister is stationed here until dec. and all the money i saved is gone!!! i pay 1800 rent on a 2 bedroom apartment and now because my sister's other truck broke down i need to buy me a car to use because otherwise my fiance and i wont be able to get to work and if we can't get to work we are going to get fired from our job... the worst part is that since i told my boss i was pregnant i went from 30+ hrs a week to <20hrs a week... so our income is minimal right now... plus my fiance's hours got cut for the next week or two until they open the new boiler so its really low... plus the cost of food is rediculous gas is about 4 bucks here and we pay electric and water.. i even turned off my internet and cable so i can save... somethings gotta give... i mean what is gonna happen when i go on maternity leave... how am i gonna raise my kid if only my fiance is working... idk... its messed up...

Comments

• I heard the cost of living was high there I just didnt realize how high. i am sorry that things are a little tight. I wish there was something I could do to help you. I hope that things get better soon *hugs*
  • I'm sorry that really sucks and your rent is outrageous its more than my house payment which up till a second ago I thought sucked. I hope things get better.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • That does suck I'm sorry girl :( I can't even imagine paying your rent, that's double all my bills combined. My work is slow too, and I know how stressful tight money situations can be. I just tell myself, we've never starved and never been homeless, so somehow things will work out ok. Good luck and try to stay positive :)
  • I know I had it so good when I was in Texas 700 for a 2br plus a full time job for both my fiance and I plus we had a car bill... its crazy I almost wish u never came back but family is important...
  • Girl I'm in Los Angeles and feel every but of your pain! $1800 is pretty average for a two bedroom here too. I want to pick up and move out of state but we can't bc of the twins. Gas is stupid high.....schools aren't great unless you're willing to pay an arm and a leg in either housing or tuition! disgusting!

The luxury of being able to tan in November comes at a hefty price!
  • I'm sorry. :( That really sucks. Is it possible for your fiance to get a second job, part time for a while? I know that would suck, too but maybe build up a little savings... I wish you the best! Hope things turn around financially!
  • @booface the part that sucks major balls is I don't like the sun and fiance us black so tanning is pointless for him unless he wants to darken his palms...

@bensmama he usually works 12 hour shifts 7 days a week but until the new boiler is up he is working 8hr shifts 5 days a weeks so not really... unless I never want to see him...
  • Wow, I'm glad I don't pay that much. Im buying a 5 bedroom house and only pay 900 a month. I'm sorry that its so spendy for u, but I think its great that u moved to closer to Ur sisters. Hope it gets better for u
  • Is it possible for your ill sister to move back to the states with you? Maybe in the future?
  • @alilboulding highly unlikely she's my half sister and we weren't raises together but we share a birthday and her whole family lives on maui just like mine I just decided it was in my best interest to move away and when she got suck I didn't wantto not know her at all
  • I see. Well I commend you for sacrificing so much. Someday it will pay off. Keep your head up, good things eventually happen to good ppl!
  • @alilboulding thank you... i do hope that it happens quickly though...
  • Sorry to add but it is ridiculous that we pay 4 dollars a halon but oil companies are reporting mass profits. This of the highest revenue they have had in years. it if not fair at all. I an so anti government right now.
  • Sorry lol but my condolences hun.
  • @krazymomofadrian i know right!! and the worse part is it already went down 50cents in the past month... crazy
  • I, know. it just proves the government doesn't care about us just the people who fund them. Grrrrrrrrrr X(