to all mommys that have lost a baby...

edited July 2011 in Loss
I just read a book called HEAVEN IS FOR REAL by todd burpo. This book is amazing. I am a christian. I always have beleived in heaven but this book makes it so much more of a real place. I had a misscariage in 2006, it would have been our second child. My heart was crushed when we list the baby. I didnt understand why God would give me a child and then take him/her b4 i even got to meet him/her. Well, time never healed me but it helped. I still carried so many questions with me... my mil gave this book to me and i could NOT put it down. I cried and cried through out the book. I found so much relief to some of the lingering questions i had. I am suggesting this book to everyone!!! Read it read it read it.... its simply awesome!

Comments

• Good advice for those who've lost a child.
  • My mother in law bought that book for us, very touching and emotional. But a very good book for all who have lost a baby.
  • I read this book and have had 3 miscarriages. It was amazing how it put a perspective on things. I definitely suggest this book for anyone who has had one.
  • Jus lost my baby girl Jordyn Erica who was born on August 2010. She was full term and lived for 30 hrs. I cant wait to find this book! Like u said, time doesnt always heal but hopefully i can keep this book as a daily reminder that shes in a better place! Although i knw shes free frm all pain and suffering, im sure this book would help me on my journey of healing! Thank u!
  • I'm so so soooo sorry for all of your losses ladies. Our hearts are bonded by a pain i wish NO ONE ever had to feel.The book is just an amazing reminder that God loves us, he loves our children.Aand our babies we lost, are waiting for us in heaven. It brought a sense of peace that i guess i was longing for. I'll always have my "what if" questions and thoughts but i believe in God and heaven and i know one day i'll get to hold my sweet angel.
  • Man, I am just crying at every post today! I will be ordering that book as soon as I can, I've heard many great things! Thank you for suggesting it!
  • I'm reading the book right now. I agree it helps! I love when he talks about his other sister in heaven. I miscarried may 26 and I told my husband I think it was a boy and we named him Fischer. So when the time comes I can't wait to meet him!