im not dialating yet but...

edited June 2011 in Giving birth
My doc said my cervix is soft but its still long...can nebdy tell me how much longer b4 I strt dialating or nethng...btw I posted the othr day about pains n possibly contractions and I was actually havn contractions...so hopefully hell b here soon...@homebirthadvocate ne helpful advice or info

Comments

• Honestly theres no way to tell how long it will take...everyones different
  • And even if you dilate some, that really doesn't mean much either because women can stay dialed for weeks b4 labor actually starts
  • If it makes you feel any better I had my 37 week and was closed but soft. Then Tuesday I had my 38 week and was dilated 1 1/2 cm after having no contractions all week lol. I guess you never really know what is happening down there lol. Hopefully next week you will have progressed some more. :)
  • It just depends on ur body. I've been dialated 3 cm 75% effaced soft for at least two weeks and they stripped my membranes yesterday but still no sight of baby sigh
  • I have been 1 cm dilated since 35 weeks I'm now 37 weeks and will find out tomorrow if anything changed it is very frustrating not knowing what's goin on
  • Thnx ladies this seems to b the longest process evr gheez