oh, damn you Army!!! help!?

Okay, so my next semester of school starts August 24 and it ends December 16. (Mean while my due date is September 6th) BUT, my husband's window to re-up is this october, which will be his third year in. SO, we could be possibly PCS'ing in October, November, etc. So if the Army decided to make us move before my semester ends, I will just have paid for books and all and waisted all that work when I might not be able to finish the classes. Should I chance it, and sign up for classes? or just take the fall semester off to not take the chance and spend all my time with my newborn baby girl?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I would wait, enjoy baby, start in the winter...wherever you may be. Military life is so hard!
  • I would wait as well having a new baby will make it hard enough and with the possibility of moving I would wait and enjoy timme with baby
  • I would wait. Hubby is the af and we where talking about that tonight
  • I say wait...with everything you will have going on, even online classes will be hard to keep up with! School will always be there!
  • I say wait as well. School's hard enough as it is then throw a newborn and a possible move into the mix? No thanks lol online classes are just as hard I think bc you have to keep up with discussions and threads and it's a PITA.
  • I would wait just for the fact that you arwcdue and that you guys could be pcsing. And then if you guys move you can always start back up. Are you going to school through the Army's program they offer to service members and there family?
  • No, I'm going to a local school here. I've lived in GA for 5 years so I get tuition for free. I think I am just going to wait. Plus if I wait to signup for school after she's born, I'll get pell grant, which will pay for my books.
  • Where in Georgia are you? I just moved to Missouri from Ga in March (mid semester). I talked to my teachers and the department chairs and was able to continue to take the classes online, except for one which I'm making up an incomplete. Depending on the school, you can take and incomplete in the class and make it up within a year online or otherwise. I'm taking the fall semester off here because I'm due Nov 8 and I don't want to be in the same situation I was in spring semester, but if I were able to take online classes I would have. I'm not sure how you feel about it, but I'm one year from graduating and really don't want to take any time off, but at the same time I have to think about my daughter and how having her will affect my performance in the classroom after her birth. Just explore all of your options in detail and do what is best for you. :)
  • i would say wait, youll get that pell grant and you get to spend time with your daughter if u wait and you can focus on your studies later and not have t worry about possibly moving or anything but if you can take any online maybe that could be an option atleast ur not losing out that much if u take one online atleast....space yourself and also allow yourself the time you need to recover from birth and adjusting to your schedules.....babies have their own schedules!!l lol well good luck
  • I'm due Nov 12 and I'm taking the fall off. There's just too much going on to prepare for baby and then getting used to a newborn. By spring semester baby will be on a schedule and life won't be as hectic. I'll probably only be part time in the spring bc I will be breastfeeding and don't want to be away from baby for long periods of time.