My 5 year old is stoked about her little sister, but....

edited February 2011 in Second pregnancy
I am terrified something is going to go wrong. I have forced myself to be numb. We moved in with my parents because I lost my job and then found out I was pregnant, so there's all the stress that comes with that. Than I'm scared that I am going to have a stillborn or something crazy like that. Lately I have been kind of avoiding the subject of the baby and that is all she talks about. She tells everyone she's gonna be a big sister (proudly) and gives my belly a kiss goodnight. I dunno how to pull myself out of this funk. I want to be happy, I do.
Advice?

Comments

• I also went through the same in the beginning of my pregnancy my 7 year old is beyond excited that she is going to have a little sister I sometimes still get scared that what if something doesn't go correct she will be sad as well as I would but I just try to stay positive to avoid the stress its not good
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @grizzy_barria thank you I'm glad I'm not alone
    @Mama_Kat it seems like whenever I have a question, you're there :) I will definately talk to my doc. I thought this would pass after the 1st trimester, but it is just worse. Thank you so much
  • Yes I had a miscarriage before this one and I was always scared and sometimes I still do I try to remember all the things I did with my first so that I know everything will be fine but every pregnancy is different but like I said stay positive how far along are you
  • @Mama_Kat I totally hear ya. I appreciate you sharing. I am going to talk to her next appointment. I was so worried when I posted this. I feel way "better" now though. Thanx again :)