no baby shower ?

edited June 2011 in Baby showers
I was just curious if any mothers decided not to have a baby shower and did they regret it? I'm not so sure I want one.

Comments

• I'm having one...but I thought about scratching it bc it's added stress if you plan it. But I want to play all the games! LOL :-D

I'm doing a coed pool party baby shower though! complete with diaper poker! Party time! It's more about having fun with our friends than what we get for Abigail.
  • I want one but not having one.. not really by choice, just bad timing to move and not knowing anyone... sigh, I'm actually a little depressed about it.
  • I didn't have one with my first two and I don't plan on having one with this baby either. I prefer to buy my own things. With all that I read on here how unhappy other pregly's are with their showers, I definitely don't regret it.
  • I am on my third baby and I have never had one its no big deal to me and the way I see it the money spent on babyshowers can go to the baby!!
  • i had 3 baby showers for this baby.. i didn't plan any of them they were all surprises.. anyways it's nice that ppl care and i really don't have to buy anything at all after having the baby shower.. anything helps.. but i hate baby shower games so that part sucks.. i say have a baby shower and u might get some helpful stuff if u dont like wut u get then just dont use it there's no loss
  • I didn't have one with my first and I did just fine. We already had lots of hand me downs so not a lot was needed. I am throwing my own this time. Not really cause we need anything but its like a big party before I get on lock down. Haha. I hate the idea of a traditional baby shower.
  • Im not having one either. Its not necessary or anything.
  • Since I have brought just about everything, im not too keen on having a baby shower. If my fam wants to throw me one, fine, but I dont like waiting for other people to do things for me. And besides, all I need is diapers, wipes, bottles, and clothes. I figure i'll just stack everything else when I make 7 months. And no regrets.
  • Mine was a coed pool party with all our friends. It was fun! We got tons o' stuff too.
  • I had one for my first 2(10 yrs apart) and since we've moved back north and were not exactly near by anyone there wont br a shower for this one. Which is fine we'll probably hit yard sales and Craigslist for the most part. And I'm sure when it comes to carseat or stroller his mom will either send it or give us the money for it.
  • I didn't have one with my first two nor will I have one with this one. I don't regret it because I don't want to be a center of attention and for the most part I always seem to have plenty of things for baby and what I don't have id prefer to buy on my own so I get a say in what I get. I am doing a welcome to the world party for my son this time. Basically it will be a little get together for them to meet the baby and buy him the things that he may need. This baby is my bfs first and only baby so he's already going to be spoiled :)
  • I'm one of those people who does not like being the center of attention even though this pregnancy is drawing unwanted attention. The pool party sounds like a lot of fun. I think if I were to do anything it would be very very small group of people. @caroline8_p now thats a whole other situation. It really does suck to really want one and not be able to have one. I think that once you have your LO in your arms everything will be better.