OMG HEARTBURN!!!

edited June 2011 in Second Trimester
I'M OVER THIS HEARTBURN!! ITS STARTING TO DRIVE ME NUTS, MY DR HAS ME ON ZANTAC BUT SHEESH DOESN'T SEEM TO WORK!! WTF

Comments

• I know heartburn is the worst!!! Have u tried tums?
  • Yes they don't seem to wrk.. :(
  • Ill trade you my hemorrhoids for your heartburn! :(
  • I'll pass lol
  • I swear I'm with you I eat the tums and it FreAking gets worse lol...when water gives u heartburn I think there is an issue lol :)
  • I had terrible heart burn at the end... and my baby girl has a headful of gorgous brown curly hair! Its worth it!
  • I am with you girl!! It starts around noon and lasts all night....and don't even get me started about the burp/vomiting a little thing!!
  • @coltensmamma I thought I was the only weirdo that got heartburn from water. Heartburn sucks the only good thing about it is a baby with a full head of hair. And its totally not an old wivestale anymore studies have been done to prove it.
  • On the same boat! Especially about The water! Its crazyy ridiculous! Oh well guess my honey bun will have a full head of hair.
  • Well I hope my baby has a head full of hair...Bc I have had to babies an had heartburn like crazy an they were bald as mr. Clean!! Lmao....But now they have tons of hair!
  • Ugh, heartburn is the worst.
    I've had it here and there during my pregnancy---a few consecutive days, at most. I tried Tums, the doctor put me on Zantac and one other prescription...and they didn't work, either.
    Nothing helped and everything made it worse...water, juice, you name it. A lady at my doctor's office suggested milkshakes; I had tried milk, so I doubted it would work, but it seemed to at least ease the pain for a little while.

The doctor told me to avoid eating or drinking ANYTHING for up to 2 hours before I tried to lay down to go to bed. I'm not sure what in the world that has to do with heartburn in the middle of the day, but I was willing to try anything...it worked! I also try to sleep as propped up as I possibly can and still be comfortable. So far, it's helping! I might experience a little heartburn for a couple of hours throughout the day, but when compared to ALL day, EVERY day, for 3 or 4 days, I'll take it!! It's not an immediate fix, but the milkshakes helped me pull through until I got switched to the minor adjustments.
    Hope you all find relief, Ladies(:
  • Lol bananas give me heartburn. Actually, thinking about heartburn gives me heartburn lol
  • I have horrible heartburn day in and day out!! My doctor perscribed me Famodidine and it works wonders!! Even tho it gives me headaches and gas pains!! But it better then dealing with heartburn day in and day out!!