got into a car accident

edited June 2011 in First Trimester
On my way to work, and this woman in an SUV just pulled right out infront of me making a left turn! My car isn't too bad, but I really messed up her front driver side tire, it was all bent in. I went to the hospital because I started having cramping right away. Got an u/s and everything is fine with the baby. Mostly just all shook up. I am a hairstylist, I called my boss, and he was such a jerk! Does that mean you aren't coming in? Well I'm cramping and hurting so NO! Gesh.
And while waiting on the cops, her son in his 20's pulls up, and is giving me dirty looks! WTH? I wasn't in the wrong. She got a ticket. I feel bad, she should have looked!! But not my fault. I'm still cramping, but I am sure it is my nerves all worked up.

Comments

• Omg.. Im glad nothing major happened and that.bby is ok... Your boss can suck.it.up!! Your bby comes first!!
  • Glad yall are ok
  • Wow, there have been accidents galore lately. I'm glad you and the little one are ok. People need to pay more attention when they are driving some people need to really remember driving is a priviledge not a right.. my friends sister and her son got into a car accident last week because a driver wasn't paying attention. She died on the scene and her son was in critical condition for days. This is getting to where iim scared to be on the road
  • Hire an attorney! I was in an accident in August. Took 6 months to realize I had torn something in my knee. The attorney got me a settlement that helped pay all of my medical bills. It was the knee surgery that got me pregnant ... one night in a Vicodin haze I forgot what day it was and it turned out to be my highest fertility day. Oops!
  • Thanks everyone.. yes I am relieved everything is alright. Ya my boss can suck it up! Drive's me crazy, I pay booth rent, yet can't be gone ever! SMH. Anyways @mollybygolly, IDK maybe. As long as baby is alright I am ok. :) or at least hope so!
  • Glad you and baby are ok!
  • aww.. at leas you two are ok.. and why would a dr be rude.. you did the right thing.. ugh..
  • I got into a wreak on my way back to work from my lunch break when I was 10 weeks. Same reason for the accident, chick pulled out in front of me. She had no ins and exp tags she got jail time and lots of fines. I had cramping too but i. Called my doctor and they calmed me down and I didn't go into the doctor because I had just went to the doctor the day befoe the accident. Glad to hear you two are okay. Hope ur car gets fixed. I had 5500 in damages and hers was totalled. But now I'm just waiting for my deductable back from her they said that ca take a long time lol oh the joys of driving...
  • I felt ok after my accident where I just got rear ended. I went to the doctor anyway and found out I had 4 herniated discs, 4 bulging discs, and the torn meniscus. So now I tell everyone to always get checked out. I saw my accident coming though and tensed up so that's why I had so many injuries. But if I hadn't hired an attorney I would've been stuck with $40,000 in medical bills! Glad to hear baby is ok. That really is the most important thing!
  • Sorry to hear about ur accident but im happy u and ur baby are ok!