job hunting

edited June 2011 in October 2011
Man this is fuatrating I've never hardly to look this long in my life I've hardly a couple interviews here recently and one sales place told me i was to nice i was like naw its cause of this belly sticking out they could have came up with something better than that anyone know of any good jobs to try while pregnant or anyone ever hardly a stay at home job i live in las vegas any tips :-(

Comments

• Had not hardly my bad
  • I'm looking for a job too, but I'm not looking too hard... I can't take the rejection if they say no, knowing that its only because I'm preggo that I didn't get the job.. my mom suggested secret shoppers.. I think I might try that..
  • @lucy_loo_288 but how you gonna take em down lol
  • Sorry, being a little slow this morning... tale who down?
  • I got a job at walgreens when I was 4 months pregnant and they didn't know until shortly after I was hired... now I think because I'm pregnant they cut back one of my days like I used to work the truck when it came unloading the totes and putting away but I guess I'm too handicap to do that anymore so I lost 8 hours a week but I'm gonna see if I can get them back you just have to show them your ready to work and you want the job security when you come back from maternity leave
  • Apparently there are laws that they cannot discriminate against you for being pregnant when job interviewing but we all know they do and its almost impossible to prove! Your too nice? Give me a break with the lame excuses! I told my doctor I was afraid of the stress I endure at work on a daily basis and she told me to get another job I said who is going to hire me with this belly she said put a jacket on...talk about being insensitive!!!
  • My company has hired three visably pregnant women in the last two months, me being one. I work in human resources look up Joinmaxim.com. hope that helps.
  • @laurenm82 o okay where do u live i wonder if your company is in las vegas
  • Yes they do have offices in vegas I know of 4 in Nevada. Go to the website and apply online for any available positions. Its a great company to work for.
  • I drive 45 mins to my job and I have been looking for a new job closer to home or a work from home job.